• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD [Probably the best one available] (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
ren004

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH
VW T4 High Roof
Exp
Since 2003
Hi

How much bodywork has the Renault had? Respray etc? Any welding, and how much of it is original? Do you have the original wheels? How long have you owned it? How many owners, where is it located, if resprayed who did it, what prep did it have? Any other detailed photos of the engine bay, underneath, pics of boot area, under carpet area etc, service history details,

Cheers Mike.

Hello Mike,

My skills with vehicles, are restricted to checking [and topping-up if required] oil; coolant; screen-wash and tyre pressures. This is the state of the car when we made the purchase in Portugal May 2015. We used it locally until we left the Algarve June 17th. 2800 kilometres later, and several hotel stops [+ 1 sea-crossing] we were home. 51.5 mpg.

Work on body – don’t know

Re-spray – ooh yes! Preparation – really wouldn’t know, or would you like me to lie?

I can’t see evidence of welding. It is outside my skill-base. It has a UK m.o.t. until July 2016.

Original – front seat material doesn’t match the rear. That is the end of civilization as we know it for stuffy classic collectors!! This lovely [and very brave] little car is meant to be used, not wrapped in cotton wool and hidden away. I’ve heard that the odd fag-burn enhances the character of classic vehicles. So that’s a “plus” in this case….

Yes, I have the original wheels, but they don’t come in the price. They are in Portugal. The car is with us in West Wales. We use it daily. The original wheel nuts DO come with the car.

The Renault was renovated by a father and son north of Lisbon. They claim to have spent €4600 on the complete job.

I don’t do service history. My uncle taught me that “ if a car looks like it’s been loved – then it probably has been loved”. The service manager at a local Ford Dealership calls in our local, and regularly stamps service books on the bar and asks customers to sign-them-off with various colour biros. Service History Bullsh*t !!

I have removed all the carpets for the photographs……

https://picasaweb.google.com/115693308355851530923/Algarve2015?authkey=Gv1sRgCP7wuLDUxqv3Tg

Broken Link Removed
enjoy

P.S.

If you decide that this car is not for you, there’s no need to get back to me.:eek:

Your post at 1.29pm yesterday was an unhelpful distraction and was completely outside the spirit of this forum. It was the first sunny day for over a week, and I was out and about !!!!:(

This is an honest car and believe me when I say that it will be back in Portugal for us to enjoy this winter if not sold….. fun … fun … fun :):D:LOL:(y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ren004

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH
VW T4 High Roof
Exp
Since 2003
I'm just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me! I like Renault 4s, owned one and drove my Mother's a lot when I was younger.

But are you trying to sell one? If so it is a bit confusing. Where is it? How much is it? How old is it? How many miles has it done? These might do as a starter if you do want to sell it! :)
Sorry mate, after a week of rain, the sun came out yesterday and had a funny affect on me:cool:
Burry Port, Carmarthenshire, £3995; 1987; 55,000 miles

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
ren004

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH
VW T4 High Roof
Exp
Since 2003
had one as well..the sills had been filled with concrete:cautious:
Hello new friends,
Ro.S.P.A recommended that all Renault 4 owners filled their sills with concrete to enhance their stability on fast roundabouts(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ren004

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH
VW T4 High Roof
Exp
Since 2003
The problem is. you could buy a 'minter', (which this is not, judging by the hangy out boot rubber seal), never drive it in the wet, and still have to fight a loosing battle to preserve it. Open sill box sections that invite conden, a floor pan made out of third world steel, rubber seals that rot and perish no matter what you do to try and preserve them. You want a great car to preserve and keep? Try a Reliant Scimitar, at least your in with half a chance, and have a great engine as well.

Hello Tootles,

I find myself agreeing with you. The little car isn’t mint, but there are hints of minty-ness to it.:) All the door rubbers were replaced post spray-job, and they are yet to settle-down. The hangy boot one has been re-glued once – clearly not good enough.:(

True, water doesn’t help, but surely it is what the highways authority spreads on our roads when temperatures plummet that imposes the irreversible death sentence.:eek: Renault 4s had some stick when customers discovered that the floor-pans were flexing before they left the showrooms. Thus endorsing your comments re: third world steel. Fortunately, my little car was born in Portugal, lived there until June this year, and never saw salt-dressed-tarmac.

I’ve had a peep on carandclassic after your Reliant Scimitar advice. Not bad prices……………… could even be my next car. :) Thanks

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hello new friends,
Ro.S.P.A recommended that all Renault 4 owners filled their sills with concrete to enhance their stability on fast roundabouts(y)

phew! that is a relief!:D

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Hello Tootles,

I find myself agreeing with you. The little car isn’t mint, but there are hints of minty-ness to it.:) All the door rubbers were replaced post spray-job, and they are yet to settle-down. The hangy boot one has been re-glued once – clearly not good enough.:(

True, water doesn’t help, but surely it is what the highways authority spreads on our roads when temperatures plummet that imposes the irreversible death sentence.:eek: Renault 4s had some stick when customers discovered that the floor-pans were flexing before they left the showrooms. Thus endorsing your comments re: third world steel. Fortunately, my little car was born in Portugal, lived there until June this year, and never saw salt-dressed-tarmac.

I’ve had a peep on carandclassic after your Reliant Scimitar advice. Not bad prices……………… could even be my next car. :) Thanks
Thanks Ren. If you have a car like yours, and do seriously intend to keep it 'mint', then you cant even consider taking it out in winter, nor for that matter in the wet. If it was mine, I would stuff every known orifice with Waxoyl, (adapting an old spray gun to do the job, and 'thinning' it down with a solvent like thinners).
Last year, I went to view a Renault 5, with a genuine 300 miles on the clock, kept since God knows when in a garage in Lancaster. The original owner had died, and his wife hadn't opened the garage for 30 years. Her son thought it was worth a lot of money, but hey, the whole thing wouldn't have entertained a magnet.......just a heap of rust. Engine and transmission maybe worth 50 quid, but the rest zilch.

Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
Hi ren004
What was the original colour of your car . Was it red by any chance ?
Regards. dotsontour

OP
OP
ren004

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH
VW T4 High Roof
Exp
Since 2003
ember: 2459"]Super car!

Wish I had the cash spare...

I would want it Portuguese registered!

JJ :cool:[/QUOTE]
Blimey,
I bought the Renault
Hi ren004
What was the original colour of your car . Was it red by any chance ?
Regards. dotsontour
Hello dot,
I really have no idea if it was a different colour in anther life. Normally, easy to spot if something has been masked and blown, even to my untrained eye. Looks susoiciously like this has been a "body-off" job. Totally like new. are you from central Portugal? Regards

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I had a red one. I was hit up the back by a Vauxhall victor.. the victor won. he was able to drive to the scrapyard. I had to go on the back of a truck. sorry I was not running your car down. just my sense humour.

OP
OP
ren004

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH
VW T4 High Roof
Exp
Since 2003
I had a red one. I was hit up the back by a Vauxhall victor.. the victor won. he was able to drive to the scrapyard. I had to go on the back of a truck. sorry I was not running your car down. just my sense humour.

I LOVE IT
your response is in the true spirit of Motorhome:LOL:FUN:LOL:

Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
Hi again , ren004
I was in burry port a couple of months ago and spotted a red one on a car trailer . Just thought what a coincidence .
No I'm not from Portugal .
Regards dotsontour

OP
OP
ren004

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH