• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD [Probably the best one available] (1 Viewer)

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH
VW T4 High Roof
Exp
Since 2003
SN858262.JPG
Picture this behind your motorhome:

Stunning Renault 4GTL
in "as new" condition.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome to the forum is the registration plate shown in the picture included in the price?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ren004

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH
VW T4 High Roof
Exp
Since 2003
SN858163.JPG
Hello, thank you for the welcome. Wee hello now posted. Forgot my manners! I just got carried-away by this brilliantly interesting site. The pics display UK show plates and don't really exist.

Last edited:

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
Hi

How much bodywork has the Renault had? Respray etc? Any welding, and how much of it is original? Do you have the original wheels? How long have you owned it? How many owners, where is it located, if resprayed who did it, what prep did it have? Any other detailed photos of the engine bay, underneath, pics of boot area, under carpet area etc, service history details,

Cheers Mike.

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
View attachment 73470 Hello, thank you for the welcome. Wee hello now posted. Forgot my manners! I just got carried-away by this brilliantly interesting site. The pics display UK show plates and don't really exist. Most people run a mile at the sight of foreign matriculas. AND THE VERY MENTION OF DVLA STRIKES FEAR! Calma.... that's all I can say.... Calma. They are lovely people at DVLA Swansea. Walk in [mid-afternoon is best] Put your docs on the counter. Lady checks them over. You payzz your money. All done and dusted under 20 minutes. V5 sent out Royal Mail.
Back on-line after lunch..................
bye........

If its that easy why don't YOU do it ?

OP
OP
ren004

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH
VW T4 High Roof
Exp
Since 2003
Lig
Hi

How much bodywork has the Renault had? Respray etc? Any welding, and how much of it is original? Do you have the original wheels? How long have you owned it? How many owners, where is it located, if resprayed who did it, what prep did it have? Any other detailed photos of the engine bay, underneath, pics of boot area, under carpet area etc, service history details,

Cheers Mike.[/QU
Why not sell it in Chelsea then?

I'll pull the Chelsea bit

I refer you to JJ's post at 09.53 today.

and, thank you for making me feel welcome on your forum

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me! I like Renault 4s, owned one and drove my Mother's a lot when I was younger.

But are you trying to sell one? If so it is a bit confusing. Where is it? How much is it? How old is it? How many miles has it done? These might do as a starter if you do want to sell it! :)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I'm just trying to be helpful so don't shoot me! I like Renault 4s, owned one and drove my Mother's a lot when I was younger.

But are you trying to sell one? If so it is a bit confusing. Where is it? How much is it? How old is it? How many miles has it done? These might do as a starter if you do want to sell it! :)

had one as well..the sills had been filled with concrete:cautious:

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
I take it my legitimate questions were too difficult to answer then?

OP
OP
ren004

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH
VW T4 High Roof
Exp
Since 2003
He
Hi

Cheers Mike.

Hello mike,
It hasn't been a brilliant day here weatherwise.
Plus, i've been out to lunch with family. Mercifully, the sun has made an appearence, and i shall get my camera out. Your list of items is quite long, but not unreasonable, and i shall respond when i am happy with the information that is to be forwarded.
Big smile please now Mike.
After all, this is Motorhomefun:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
now that brings back memories. owned one many many years ago. only because it was cheap. would rather drive a tractor

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
now that brings back memories. owned one many many years ago. only because it was cheap. would rather drive a tractor

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
They were crap when they left the factory. :( A bit like the Renault 16, except they broke in half, just like the Dauphine. The French tend to make cars that break into equal halves, probably because you can share them with two different scrapyards. :cry:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
If it's for sale, a price and location might be a good starting point ( OK, 2 good starting points.)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Confucious say:
second class ride better than first class walk. :D:D
thats what my dad said when he helped me buy mine. its not posh but will get you to work he also said. and it did SOMETIMES and without any comfort

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Confucious say:
thats what my dad said when he helped me buy mine. its not posh but will get you to work he also said. and it did SOMETIMES and without any comfort

OP
OP
ren004

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH
VW T4 High Roof
Exp
Since 2003
If it's for sale, a price and location might be a good starting point ( OK, 2 good starting points.)

Thanks Allan,
Of course you are right.
Asking price £3995
And I'm working on an album with a link to more pics

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Confucious say:
The problem is. you could buy a 'minter', (which this is not, judging by the hangy out boot rubber seal), never drive it in the wet, and still have to fight a loosing battle to preserve it. Open sill box sections that invite conden, a floor pan made out of third world steel, rubber seals that rot and perish no matter what you do to try and preserve them. You want a great car to preserve and keep? Try a Reliant Scimitar, at least your in with half a chance, and have a great engine as well.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The problem is. you could buy a 'minter', (which this is not, judging by the hangy out boot rubber seal), never drive it in the wet, and still have to fight a loosing battle to preserve it. Open sill box sections that invite conden, a floor pan made out of third world steel, rubber seals that rot and perish no matter what you do to try and preserve them. You want a great car to preserve and keep? Try a Reliant Scimitar, at least your in with half a chance, and have a great engine as well.
a mate of mine used to own princess Anne's reliant scimitar. what a cracking car that was

May 21, 2012
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2012
Thought it had a Ford engine ?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thought it had a Ford engine ?
Yes, it's the British built version of the Ford V6 3 Ltr, as fitted to the Mk 4 Zodiac, Zodiac Executive, and the 3Ltr Capri. Cracking engine, perfectly balanced, and best fitted to either the Ford or Borg-Warner auto box. I fitted one in a Lotus 7 kit car for a guy in 1978, complete with a 7 inch propshaft...:)

OP
OP
ren004

ren004

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Wales/Europe
Funster No
MH
VW T4 High Roof
Exp
Since 2003
dvla

Hello new friends,

Instead of me trying to guess what problems you've experienced with the dvla, please jot them down here. Then I can offer advice as to circumvent those issues in future,

Best regards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back