Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Hi . Any one dealt with them. Good , Bad . or indifferent?. They have a `van I am vaguely interested in. But a bit overpriced in my view?. Might go for a Ride this week?.

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Erm, think Hagnap might have an opinion, pretty sure that's where his new van came from

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
We were there today. A few nice vans, looking at Carthago. Took em ages to bring the keys as there all locked. And it was bloody freezing:(
Bit pricey too

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
We went to a Carthago showroom last year in Soltau, north Germany, some nice motors there, but we still prefer our B680

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I have placed a review in the review section.....

My advice,, go when it's warm!!!!!

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I have made arrangement to go this Morning,:cautious: Told SWMBO the wrap up warm!:whistle: About an Hour each way for us. Likely a Pub Lunch:D2(y).

Its a Particular layout I have been looking at "on line" for some time, and this will be the first one we can get to in the "flesh" so to speak, without trekking to the far end of the UK.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
say hello to Ian and Mike for me ...tell them the vans great but I still don't feel "lucky"

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
We went to a Carthago showroom last year in Soltau, north Germany, some nice motors there, but we still prefer our B680

Generally speaking the start prices were €130’000.00, but very nice

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
There was a Rapido there.........
With a fun sticker in the window :):)

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
We bought our MH from them, thrashed out a deal over the phone for a new Carthago with Mike the MD.
We travelled up from the South coast to collect. Hand over was as would be expected, stayed local for a couple of days to have a quick go at all the things on board.

Have had a couple of small matters sorted, no problems with appointments. The technicians we found diligent and when there was a problem that stumped them they got onto Germany and got the answer.

I appreciate that others may have more difficult issues but in our experience no problems with the company.
Overall we found Mike the MD approachable and willing to discuss and compromise on price

Good luck hope you get what you want

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We are presently without a motorhome, our replacement is not being built until July.
Over the past 50 years we have bought cars, vans,trucks, and motorbikes. They are all great until they go wrong. That's the time that you find out how good your dealer is. We have used the same Volvo dealer for 40 odd years, if we have a problem they sort it. We are now waiting for our third Carthago, all three bought from Premium, the same applies, if we have a problem they sort it.
Yes, they could do with extra heating in the waiting area, and maybe the salesman could take a leaf out of the service reception staff. They always great us like old friends and it's warmer in there. Unfortunately it is sometimes the rude ones that you remember rather than the pleasant ones.

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
There was a Rapido there.........
With a fun sticker in the window :):)

@haganap trade in van perhaps?

If that`s the case I`ve just bought it!. Got the deal I wanted. But did not really expect, In fact I was ready to walk. Some work required, so we will see how they tackle that. `Twill be an interesting week or so, I expect.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I was told something in my very early days as a salesman

‘You never get a second chance to make a first impression’ something I have tried to use since, seems to have died out along with ‘old school’ business ethics

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
If that`s the case I`ve just bought it!. Got the deal I wanted. But did not really expect, In fact I was ready to walk. Some work required, so we will see how they tackle that. `Twill be an interesting week or so, I expect.
Was it the 999m hope you got a good deal (y)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010

Is this it?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Cry at the trade in they gave you Paul?

It's all relative to what you spend on your next van of course Ken. Or more importantly what it costs to change. I was in quite a unique position here as I knew exactly what the van I bought was sold to the dealer at as I knew the owner. So when the dealer elevated that by 10k I knew there was some wriggle room.

But suffice to say that the dealer has raked in 20k in two deals + whatever he sold the brand new van he sold on to the person who gave up the N&B from and whatever of course he will pull in from the van the buyer Peter PX's to him....

What's annoying was that I accepted offers from 2 funsters for considerably less than the asking price but alas neither could sell their vans privately and I suppose that's the nature of the trade business.
I just hope Peter got a good deal.

But dealers are not there to do us a favor, they exist purely to make money and that is capitalism.

OP
OP
PeteH

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
But dealers are not there to do us a favor, they exist purely to make money and that is capitalism.

I am guessing of course, but I suspect the deal I got has as much to do with someone's "Tax" Adjustment`s as much as anything. There are ways of "losing" "revenue" on paper in such a manner as to be legally beneficial to your tax status. Or so my "bean-counter" son assures me!.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back