Praise for DVLA (1 Viewer)

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
DVLA come in for a lot of criticism but my recent dealings with them show that they can also perform well. A few weeks ago I bought a new (to me) motorhome and within 8 days of purchase received the new V5 showing all details correctly. Tuesday of this week I went onto their internet site and assigned my personalised registration mark to the new vehicle and today Thursday) I received the amended V5! You can't complain about that service.

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
Shame are v5 still isn’t with us after up plate. 8 weeks now and not even a confirmation of getting it or any issues

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
8 weeks and still waiting ☹️

Oddly, I got a road legal mobility scooter 5 weeks ago and V5C came within 3 weeks 🙄

Gordon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
The web services are working fine.

My concern is that I bought a van yesterday and they faxed across the details to the DVLA (what's a fax???). I bet it takes weeks for my V5C to arrive.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
After reading lots of horror stories on Fun about the diabolical service some people are getting from DVLA isn’t it about time those customers started giving their MP's and the Transport Secretary some earache?
As a government department it needs government to get involved and sort the sorry mess out.
If we don’t tell those in charge what the problems are it will never get sorted.

My C1 licence renewal is with them now and I am rather hoping the new licence will be on my doormat when we get back home in a couple of days. Not holding my breath though. :(

Richard.

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
DVLA come in for a lot of criticism but my recent dealings with them show that they can also perform well. A few weeks ago I bought a new (to me) motorhome and within 8 days of purchase received the new V5 showing all details correctly. Tuesday of this week I went onto their internet site and assigned my personalised registration mark to the new vehicle and today Thursday) I received the amended V5! You can't complain about that service.
Totally automated no human input at all, try getting your age 70 renewal with C1 through, cannot be done on-line, has to be postal application,
They have had mine since March, and are now on strike,
No praise here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted User
If wanting to remove or add a personal reg number the DVLA website is quoting 4-6 weeks before you will receive new V5 but if you do it online it only takes 2-3 days. I have heard it said that the online system is totally automated but oddly this service is only available from 7:00am to 7:00pm.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
I recently removed a reg number from a car and sold it, bought another car and transferred the reg number to it. All done online and instant, V5's all back within a week. The automated service is working well, but if you post anything in it can be weeks and weeks and more weeks

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I recently removed a reg number from a car and sold it, bought another car and transferred the reg number to it. All done online and instant, V5's all back within a week. The automated service is working well, but if you post anything in it can be weeks and weeks and more weeks
Totally, not fit for purpose.
Start badgering your MP.
It's about time something was done to shake them up.

Richard.

Jul 2, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Adria 690 Platinum
Exp
Ex Caravan owner now a Motorhome owner since November 2020
DVLA, wot a waste of space, my licence is due to be renewed on Saturday, so as I wanted to get my C1 renewed I got all the forms fill in including Medical & eye tests filled in sent them in on 19th March recorded delivery, on 21st May they sent more forms, all filled in and posted back, on the form it said must be returned within 14days of the dated letter 5days lost by the time I got them? still not had any response, considering its a Gov dept. & now they are on another 7day strike .

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
DVLA, wot a waste of space, my licence is due to be renewed on Saturday, so as I wanted to get my C1 renewed I got all the forms fill in including Medical & eye tests filled in sent them in on 19th March recorded delivery, on 21st May they sent more forms, all filled in and posted back, on the form it said must be returned within 14days of the dated letter 5days lost by the time I got them? still not had any response, considering its a Gov dept. & now they are on another 7day strike .
Exactly the same here, sent in march, still not back.
They don't care about others, just their own little world
Not fit for purpose
Sack the lot and move it out

Ashburham

Free Member
Sep 29, 2020
Burry Port, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Exp
5 weeks and waiting for registration, not going to be any time soon I fear, frustrating as Dvla is only 20mins away from me.…bar stewards!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back