Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
No it's worse.
As for Easter that starts here on the weekend of the 16/17th March as anyone partaking will be warming up, assembling all the things they need to partake & travelling if necessary. for aficianados Easter starts with 'Viernes de Dolores', Friday of Sorrows on the 22nd march being the first parade in most towns so sites are usually full long before then. Here in Lorca Easter starts with closure of the high street on the 16/17th March weekend to allow removal of all street furniture & shop signs that protrude & erection of 12 thousand banked seats.
high street is shut , basically except for access by vehicle for residents. No through traffic. Makes a difference when the high street is nigh on 2km long. & here , as in every year I have lived here,there is generally no type of accommodation that is not full.
We were in Lorca couple of days ago at the ā‚¬1 aire, nice town. Easter sounds good.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
No it's worse.
As for Easter that starts here on the weekend of the 16/17th March as anyone partaking will be warming up, assembling all the things they need to partake & travelling if necessary. for aficianados Easter starts with 'Viernes de Dolores', Friday of Sorrows on the 22nd march being the first parade in most towns so sites are usually full long before then. Here in Lorca Easter starts with closure of the high street on the 16/17th March weekend to allow removal of all street furniture & shop signs that protrude & erection of 12 thousand banked seats.
high street is shut , basically except for access by vehicle for residents. No through traffic. Makes a difference when the high street is nigh on 2km long. & here , as in every year I have lived here,there is generally no type of accommodation that is not full.

We were in Lorca couple of days ago at the ā‚¬1 aire, nice town. Easter sounds good.

So were we; left there on Wednesday.

I didnā€™t spot any Funster stickers when we were there.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
So were we; left there on Wednesday.

I didnā€™t spot any Funster stickers when we were there.

Ian
We were there Wednesday too, left and went to caravaca de la cruz. We were on the outside with no leccy. Didn't look for a fun sticker but we've got one.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
We were there Wednesday too, left and went to caravaca de la cruz. We were on the outside with no leccy. Didn't look for a fun sticker but we've got one.

I must have missed it! We were parked next to the service bay and left about 10:30 am.

Ian

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 yearsā€¦.
File it in the bin, there just fishing and hope you pay-upā€¦ one of the perks of br***t they canā€™t enforce itā€¦.šŸ˜Ž
Exactly, drove around Austria this year and last on toll roads without any go box or whatever you need there and not got anything through šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

I donā€™t mind paying for Switzerland as itā€™s done by an app on my phone and a few quid a day, donā€™t know why some of these countries have to make it so hard!!

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Cannot see how that is legal now we have departed with the EUšŸ¤”šŸ¤”
It isn't.
However that does not stop them trying.
Full recent article here about a UK based company called Euro Parking Services doing the reverse and chasing EU citizens for UK tolls.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Exactly, drove around Austria this year and last on toll roads without any go box or whatever you need there and not got anything through šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

I donā€™t mind paying for Switzerland as itā€™s done by an app on my phone and a few quid a day, donā€™t know why some of these countries have to make it so hard!!
Given the small cost of a Austrian Vignette and the ease of buying one (most petrol stations and convenience stores), unless you have a 5t, tag axel, 8m+, van you usually can get away with a standard vignette.

There are several members on this forum who have been fined in Austria for lack of a Vignette.
There is also at least one member who was fined for having a Vignette on a motorhome over 3.5t when they should have had a Go-Box.

(It is just about possible to cross Austria without going on any of the main roads requiring a Vignette/GoBox, but it takes careful navigation and an element of luck, one mistake and you are on the wrong type of road!)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Given the small cost of a Austrian Vignette and the ease of buying one (most petrol stations and convenience stores), unless you have a 5t, tag axel, 8m+, van you usually can get away with a standard vignette.

There are several members on this forum who have been fined in Austria for lack of a Vignette.
There is also at least one member who was fined for having a Vignette on a motorhome over 3.5t when they should have had a Go-Box.

(It is just about possible to cross Austria without going on any of the main roads requiring a Vignette/GoBox, but it takes careful navigation and an element of luck, one mistake and you are on the wrong type of road!)
I did

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

There are also plenty of people who are over 3500kgs, so bought a go box and still got fined, failed to prove the emissions class and the Austrians didnt tell them they needed to!.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I'm hoping that when i tell the sat nav NO TOLLS i won't have any issues.
I'm well travelled Smiffy so i can read between the lines of some. Some like to exagerate and dramatise. Not concerned.
Watching with interest here. Hope you've got some good straps on your trailer :LOL:.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Watching with interest here. Hope you've got some good straps on your trailer :LOL:.
I have indeed.
And as mentioned if i decide the small roads are too bad i will jump on a M/way, if indeed there is one, looking at my route they appear to be minmal.

Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
File it in the bin, there just fishing and hope you pay-upā€¦ one of the perks of br***t they canā€™t enforce itā€¦.šŸ˜Ž
I think you'll find that they can enforce it. I understand that the Portugese company who you owe money to has to take it before a Portugese Court, once a judgement in their favour is made, that can then be passed across to the UK for enforcement.
Whether they do for each and every infraction is another matter.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I think you'll find that they can enforce it. I understand that the Portugese company who you owe money to has to take it before a Portugese Court, once a judgement in their favour is made, that can then be passed across to the UK for enforcement.
Whether they do for each and every infraction is another matter.

How do they get my detailsā€¦?

Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
I'd imagine they get the Portugese court judgement that the vehicle and its driver failed to pay what was due/owed..that judgement then gets passed to a UK firm who approach DVLA. I have no experience of this but everything I see on the internet seems to point to a foreign countrys ability to take enforcement action....whether they would do for say a ā‚¬20 toll infringement is another matter.
(We signed an agreement with the EU in 2017 for cross border sharing of data for certain traffic violations (Toll road shirking of payment isn't one of them))

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I'd imagine they get the Portugese court judgement that the vehicle and its driver failed to pay what was due/owed..that judgement then gets passed to a UK firm who approach DVLA. I have no experience of this but everything I see on the internet seems to point to a foreign countrys ability to take enforcement action....whether they would do for say a ā‚¬20 toll infringement is another matter.
(We signed an agreement with the EU in 2017 for cross border sharing of data for certain traffic violations (Toll road shirking of payment isn't one of them))

I get what your sayingā€¦ but, wouldnā€™t I have to be notified that there is going to be a court case hearing about me and invited to attend to defend myself as in the uk..?

I donā€™t shirk payment, I avoid it by not going on it in the first place but if I accidentally went on one I would pay the fee, but if I used one without realising it, I donā€™t see how they can inform me that I should payā€¦šŸ¤”

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I'm under the impression that this lapsed with the withdrawal agreement.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.

Sand.jpeg

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2016
Well we paid our ā‚¬2.60 toll on the AP7 in Spain today, drove 500m then left to go shopping at La Zenia so an expensive bit of road.šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Well we paid our ā‚¬2.60 toll on the AP7 in Spain today, drove 500m then left to go shopping at La Zenia so an expensive bit of road.šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Due to size, ours was closer to ā‚¬4.30 on that same short stretch. :(

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Oct 27, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Frankia A Class
Exp
Since 2015
It should be a lot quieter towards the end of March as the German pensioners will be heading back home - I understand that they have to prove theyā€™re still alive to keep receiving their pension.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They are getting a bad name for over charging the ā€œrecovery feesā€. They are called EPC.
They are scum & use illegal & criminal methods to obtain money
Cannot see how that is legal now we have departed with the EUšŸ¤”šŸ¤”
It is because they are an EU wide company who breach gdpr / data protection by using info in one country in others & info from one company in all there others. They are also TFL's registration company so it would be quite easy to receive the portugese) insert name of any country here) veicle details & then use the uk arm to request details for the owner.
AS above.Yes they can it is just the methods of obtaining the details that are mired in criminality & deceit
2 above, Portugal supplies info the epc .eu who ask epc.plc ,who contact dvla etc; etc. There are plenty of breaches of info in their methods. That 's apart from the back handing of the Belgian court official found to have made 26,000 applications for belgian driver info, all illegal, on EPC's behalf before they then moved on to the similar Italian official,now also out of business
#backhandersrus,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back