Portugal Acsi card ?? (1 Viewer)

Jan 16, 2013
Chichester
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2009
Planning a 4 week trip to portugal starting early May. I find the acsi website confusing and want the acsi +motohome both in hard copy and digital.Has anyone managed to do this. Also are they any use for for planning a trip to North spain and Portugal

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
My understanding is you can subscribe to Hard copy or Digital...
The Motorhome add-on is just a list of Motorhome areas that most of us have via Park4Night or Search for sites apps

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Plenty of places in Spain and Portugal take the ACSI card and generally you save the cost of the subscription in just a few nights stop. Just a tip, though, sometimes a site will appear to offer a better deal than ACSI - beware because they don't always take into account electric hookup/rates. With ACSI you (are supposed to) get a built in allowance of electricity, showers and even a charge for dogs! Also some sites have ACSI pitches set aside, often to a lower standard.

But we get the card (automatically) and the books every year and has always been beneficial. We're on an ACSI site now at El Puerto de Santa Maria near Cadiz.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Noting that the digital version lasts for a year, I'm assuming you can wait until just before you want to use it and download it there and then? Or are there delays? Has anyone done this?
Think you are right there...mine was bought third week in January and expires a full year on...

Upvote 0
Dec 10, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Plenty of places in Spain and Portugal take the ACSI card and generally you save the cost of the subscription in just a few nights stop. Just a tip, though, sometimes a site will appear to offer a better deal than ACSI - beware because they don't always take into account electric hookup/rates. With ACSI you (are supposed to) get a built in allowance of electricity, showers and even a charge for dogs! Also some sites have ACSI pitches set aside, often to a lower standard.

But we get the card (automatically) and the books every year and has always been beneficial. We're on an ACSI site now at El Puerto de Santa Maria near Cadiz.
#TerryL are you happy with the site, we are down that way in May and I had identified the site as a place to stay for a night or two.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2022
Chapel St Leonards, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato pvc self
Exp
Since 2017
We're on an ACSI site now at El Puerto de Santa Maria near Cadiz.
Thinking of heading that way next week. Is it still really busy?
To answer the original question we have the books and card which I find useful for planning especially the map. Mrs boldly has the app and she prefers that. You can get a combined subscription for not much more than the paper one. Can't remember how much as it's on auto renewal.

Upvote 0

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thinking of heading that way next week. Is it still really busy?
To answer the original question we have the books and card which I find useful for planning especially the map. Mrs boldly has the app and she prefers that. You can get a combined subscription for not much more than the paper one. Can't remember how much as it's on auto renewal.
Semana Santa...Easter is upon us..🥳🥳🥳🥳🇪🇦👍

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
#TerryL are you happy with the site, we are down that way in May and I had identified the site as a place to stay for a night or two.
Very happy. Excellent facilities, shop and bar/restaurant on site. Ferry to Cadiz 10min walk. Beautiful beach adjacent. The only reservation is that it appears to be a lottery where you are pitched, there are several areas with varying amounts of shade.
They like you to book in advance but they'll find you a place if you just turn up, subject of course to availability. It's Easter next week so I would expect places to be very limited.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back