Portable black waste container (1 Viewer)

Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Sorry another toilet thread.
Our new to us 2003 Lakia Ecovip 6.1 has a 46 litre holding tank and no toilet cassette although it states in the Lakia manual that an optional 17 litre cassette could be fitted?I have had a look underneath and cant see any support for a cassette to be fitted so assume that this would have to be made?

I personally am more than happy with the holding tank lasts about 5 days before needing emptied, but would prefer to carry a portable waste carrier for occasions when needed. My problem is wast pipe is only approximately 200mm from the ground and any portable waste carriers I have looked at are higher meaning I would need a pump/ macerator. Being gravity fed it does come out with some force so I am assuming if I was to use a slightly higher container some will go in the container and some will stay in the hose?I already have a fiamma waste hose which came with the Lakia see picture so looking for suitable waste carrier, any help appreciated thanks in advance.

Attachments

• sanitary_flex_primary.jpg
    sanitary_flex_primary.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 21
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Had wondered when some empty their cassettes in public toilets how they get around the rinsing out and priming the cassette with a couple of litres of water. Actually I would rather not know and I am sure the general public that may want to use them afterwards wouldnā€™t either.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Had wondered when some empty their cassettes in public toilets how they get around the rinsing out and priming the cassette with a couple of litres of water. Actually I would rather not know and I am sure the general public that may want to use them afterwards wouldnā€™t either.
Never put clean water in to prime enough liquid goes in and it fills up quick enough anyway

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/attachments/img_1419-jpg.471595/ it should look like this and this is where you would slide the cassette on to. Sorry pinched someoneā€™s photo from on here šŸ™ˆ
Have added a couple more photos, no other handles that I can see, the cable you see in photo is for grey waste tank from shower and bathroom sink. The plastic cover with the cutout seems to me for protection for the holding tank ? but don,t have the part for sliding on a cassette, maybe removed by previous owner?
IMG_20210729_124336785.jpg
IMG_20210729_124640276.jpg

Upvote 0

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Have added a couple more photos, no other handles that I can see, the cable you see in photo is for grey waste tank from shower and bathroom sink. The plastic cover with the cutout seems to me for protection for the holding tank ? but don,t have the part for sliding on a cassette, maybe removed by previous owner? View attachment 521547View attachment 521548
Is there anything over the other side of the vehicle? Ours was on the opposite side to the pipe bit but then our toilet was on the other side as well

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Is there anything over the other side of the vehicle? Ours was on the opposite side to the pipe bit but then our toilet was on the other side as well
No nothing other side. this is the part that is missing from my set up ,( highlighted with arrow ) any idea what this part is called or where I could get one?
IMG_1419.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
On looking for what that part may be called I came across this. Thought it may help solve your problems.

Attachments

• 177FD0B3-BB72-4A24-BA73-8F9BDF4CCD55.png
    177FD0B3-BB72-4A24-BA73-8F9BDF4CCD55.png
    553.7 KB · Views: 20
Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I always thought that having a black tank was a good thing but after reading this thread I'm more than happy to stick with my normal cassette plus a spare one.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I always thought that having a black tank was a good thing but after reading this thread I'm more than happy to stick with my normal cassette plus a spare one.
It is (y) to be fair I wasn't sure when we were changing the van but now I am sold, two weeks in a field without having to take the little box of ---- for a walk every day, once in a blue moon you might have problems dumping it straight from the tank and have to find another way but there are always solutions.

Upvote 0

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
They are good in some ways but now we have changed our motorhome we are back to cassette and donā€™t miss it. Although we do miss our Laika, far superior build quality to our Chausson.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Sometimes we can all over think things, would it have stopped me purchasing the motorhome no, but a simple solution if it was me who designed it would to make the ground clearance for the wast pipe a little higher so a suitable portable container could be used. which I may well alter myself. until then I will continue to use and enjoy or MH and empty the black waste at a suitable place. I only wanted to know what others used in in a similar situation when no black waste sites were available.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
They are good in some ways but now we have changed our motorhome we are back to cassette and donā€™t miss it. Although we do miss our Laika, far superior build quality to our Chausson.
I totally agree regarding build quality, our Lakia knocks socks of our previous Autotrail, yes not having a cassette may cause problems but I am sure we will find a solution eventually.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I totally agree regarding build quality, our Lakia knocks socks of our previous Autotrail, yes not having a cassette may cause problems but I am sure we will find a solution eventually.
Is it possible to add another tank and macerate the contents of your relatively small tank to another holding tank, we have 160 litres so plenty of time to find a dump point.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It is (y) to be fair I wasn't sure when we were changing the van but now I am sold, two weeks in a field without having to take the little box of ---- for a walk every day, once in a blue moon you might have problems dumping it straight from the tank and have to find another way but there are always solutions.
A walk every day :oops:... wow you must hold the world record for dumping! :LOL:

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
No need to put any liquid in the cassette to 'prime' it, I'm convinced its just a ploy so that it fills quicker and needs emptying sooner thus they use more liquid so the liquid manufacturer sells more.

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
No need to put any liquid in the cassette to 'prime' it, I'm convinced its just a ploy so that it fills quicker and needs emptying sooner thus they use more liquid so the liquid manufacturer sells more.
Of course it is. You do well if you are also suggesting you don't need to add additional water to rinse it out. Well done you.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Of course it is.
Tell me what the point of 'priming' it with 2 litres of water is ... I've been MHing since 1996 and once we had a 'proper' fitted toilet (not a portaloo type) we have never found the need to 'prime' it ... once someone pees in it that is sufficient fluid to mix with any chemical you've put in it previously.

You do well if you are also suggesting you don't need to add additional water to rinse it out. Well done you.
I haven't made any suggestion about not rinsing out the cassette, however if we don't have access to water to do so (ie public toilet) it doesn't cause any issues at all for the cassette as our many years of use have proved, it obviously does get rinsed out when we use 'aire' type facilities if there is a tap to do so. On average our cassette emptying is probably 20% toilets and 80% 'aire' type facilities.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back