Portable black waste container (1 Viewer)

Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Sorry another toilet thread.
Our new to us 2003 Lakia Ecovip 6.1 has a 46 litre holding tank and no toilet cassette although it states in the Lakia manual that an optional 17 litre cassette could be fitted?I have had a look underneath and cant see any support for a cassette to be fitted so assume that this would have to be made?

I personally am more than happy with the holding tank lasts about 5 days before needing emptied, but would prefer to carry a portable waste carrier for occasions when needed. My problem is wast pipe is only approximately 200mm from the ground and any portable waste carriers I have looked at are higher meaning I would need a pump/ macerator. Being gravity fed it does come out with some force so I am assuming if I was to use a slightly higher container some will go in the container and some will stay in the hose?I already have a fiamma waste hose which came with the Lakia see picture so looking for suitable waste carrier, any help appreciated thanks in advance.

Attachments

• sanitary_flex_primary.jpg
    sanitary_flex_primary.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 21

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
The outlet on my van is very low. I carry a 25 litre plastic container and use a collapsible washing up bowl and decant into the container using a funnel.
Use it quite often as many places don’t have drive over waste points.
My mistake I thought it related to grey waste.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
The outlet on my van is very low. I carry a 25 litre plastic container and use a collapsible washing up bowl and decant into the container using a funnel.
Use it quite often as many places don’t have drive over waste points.

🤣😛. I don't fancy doing that. Not with a toilet tank .. !! Phew..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Don’t know if it helps but we use a Thetford C400 cassette to decante into when needs must via our onboard hose. these cassettes are longer and narrower than most but, not sure on the depth of them?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
I saw a bloke with an RV in Spain emptying his black tank into one of those flexible buckets. Carrying it over to the waste point slopping it all over his legs & sandles. :sick: :sick: :sick:
YUk . I originally was going to buy the 23L fiamma roll tank until I saw the height which is about 250mm

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
A normal toilet cassette? That is what came with our Laika.
As stated in my original post, some Lakia motorhomes came with toilet cassettes some don,t in my case it was optional, so can only assume that previous owner used as is and mainly in Europe, or kept whatever container / cassette they used when they traded into dealers whom I purchased from.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
<Broken link removed>

If the link works, fiamma 40 liter waste tank, bayonet so clean to use, less any errors and if you manage the fill, around half not to bad to lift if a typical higher dump point.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Thanks, will this fit the hose I have , shown in first picture if known? when I was looking at the fiamma roll tank 23L They also supply a quick connector to enable the hose to connect directly to the tank.
Just noticed your location, not far from me and have stayed there before with previous motorhome.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
<Broken link removed>

If the link works, fiamma 40 liter waste tank, bayonet so clean to use, less any errors and if you manage the fill, around half not to bad to lift if a typical higher dump point.
Thanks, will this fit the hose I have , shown in first picture if known? when I was looking at the fiamma roll tank 23L They also supply a quick connector to enable the hose to connect directly to the tank.
Just noticed your location, not far from me and have stayed there before with previous motorhome

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Couldn't get back on yesterday day, yes it's the same bayonet fitting and I seem to remember it came with the relevant hose with a female bayonet on each end, but easy enough to make up, sealed connection so clean to use, just open the wee vent on the tank before opening valve.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Our new to us 2003 Lakia Ecovip 6.1 has a 46 litre holding tank and no toilet cassette although it states in the Lakia manual that an optional 17 litre cassette could be fitted?I have had a look underneath and cant see any support for a cassette to be fitted so assume that this would have to be made?
I think you'll find this means that the toilet itself could have a 17 litre cassette fitted, ie as you'd have with a normal set-up without a holding tank ... do you have a toilet hatch?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
I think you'll find this means that the toilet itself could have a 17 litre cassette fitted, ie as you'd have with a normal set-up without a holding tank ... do you have a toilet hatch?
If you mean by toilet hatch ie cupboard or space for a cassette to fit then no, just a door to access the holding tank release handle. Holding tank would need to come out as you have said, but not going to do that, I have just purchased a Fiamma roll tank and quick connector which is supposed to give a secure fit with no leaks?as I already have the appropriate hose to match up, I am hoping gravity will do the rest as the tank will be slightly higher than the hose, will trial with water when it arrives,Holding tank will stay closed until I need to empty which will give more force when i do have to empty I expect some excess to stay in the hose but will get around it.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you mean by toilet hatch ie cupboard or space for a cassette to fit then no, just a door to access the holding tank release handle. Holding tank would need to come out as you have said, but not going to do that, I have just purchased a Fiamma roll tank and quick connector which is supposed to give a secure fit with no leaks?as I already have the appropriate hose to match up, I am hoping gravity will do the rest as the tank will be slightly higher than the hose, will trial with water when it arrives,Holding tank will stay closed until I need to empty which will give more force when i do have to empty I expect some excess to stay in the hose but will get around it.
Is there a way of making a hole in the end of black waste pipe/top of the hose, just a small one you could put a small bung in? If so once you've emptied out some of the black waste you could use a squirty WU liquid bottle filled with water to flush the pipe out via the hole so you don't end up with a pongy dribbling snake.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Is there a way of making a hole in the end of black waste pipe/top of the hose, just a small one you could put a small bung in? If so once you've emptied out some of the black waste you could use a squirty WU liquid bottle filled with water to flush the pipe out via the hole so you don't end up with a pongy dribbling snake.
HI, Thanks for all your input on this messy subject, I may well do as you say make a small hole, that,s a good idea. Since picking up the Laika we have cleaned out all our tanks and pipes and a lot happier with them, no nasty smells.

Upvote 0

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
You can buy a toilet cassette that will literally slide onto the dumping part that is under the vehicle (under the toilet. The cassette literally sits in the ground (more or less) when you pull the valve. I am pretty sure ours was a C200 cassette. Look for a valve pull handle and you should see where it will slide on. Should add that there were 2 dumping points on our Laika. One where we could attach a hose or dump straight down and one where we could attach the cassette which was pretty much directly under the toilet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
You can buy a toilet cassette that will literally slide onto the dumping part that is under the vehicle (under the toilet. The cassette literally sits in the ground (more or less) when you pull the valve. I am pretty sure ours was a C200 cassette. Look for a valve pull handle and you should see where it will slide on. Should add that there were 2 dumping points on our Laika. One where we could attach a hose or dump straight down and one where we could attach the cassette which was pretty much directly under the toilet.
I will take some photos of our set up and post them soon, this may help find a solution, thanks.PS as far as I am aware we only have one dumping valve, may have been altered by previous owner or I am not looking in right area.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Photos attached ,
Our set up - toilet has pedal ,push once for flush push down further releases fluids into holding tank.
When I need to empty the holding tank I then go outside and pull handle shown in photo which releases fluid into either sewer or suitable portable waste tank.
The main pipe is shared with my 2 grey waste tanks but these pipes only join into the main pipe near the end and have there own release handles which are located at the rear and near electric step, The hose and the black gate valve came with the Lakia the hose fits on to the end of the waste pipe as I have shown in the photo, the black gate valve fits nothing, different connection?

Attachments

• IMG_20210729_090832753.jpg
    IMG_20210729_090832753.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210729_090933406.jpg
    IMG_20210729_090933406.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210729_091016524.jpg
    IMG_20210729_091016524.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210729_091217117.jpg
    IMG_20210729_091217117.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20210729_091138778.jpg
    IMG_20210729_091138778.jpg
    721.8 KB · Views: 40
Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
A question for those with a holding tank ... when you decant into a container how do you ensure that you don't overfill it? I know that there is a gate valve but obviously you'd need to know when to shut it, if not I assume it could be a bit messy with some of the 'contents' sitting on top of the cassette gate valve (ie the contents are above it).

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
A question for those with a holding tank ... when you decant into a container how do you ensure that you don't overfill it? I know that there is a gate valve but obviously you'd need to know when to shut it, if not I assume it could be a bit messy with some of the 'contents' sitting on top of the cassette gate valve (ie the contents are above it).
I think that will be trial and error on my behalf, could get messy til I figure it out. Our gate valve does not fit the pipe either, so would have to guess when to release and push in the main holding tank handle.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Our black tank gets a dose of Ammovit and it turns the contents to black water (and tomato seeds) which is no more unpleasant than the grey, on the odd occasion I have wanted to decant some off I just use a bucket so dead easy to see the level.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Peskyrabbitt
Nov 28, 2018
Edzell Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Our black tank gets a dose of Ammovit and it turns the contents to black water (and tomato seeds) which is no more unpleasant than the grey, on the odd occasion I have wanted to decant some off I just use a bucket so dead easy to see the level.
Cleaning the tank and seeing the level is easy, to see the level of my holding tank I just switch off my flush and open the flap and can clearly see what level it is at. But as for using a bucket to put black waste in no thanks.:sick:

Upvote 0

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Photos attached ,
Our set up - toilet has pedal ,push once for flush push down further releases fluids into holding tank.
When I need to empty the holding tank I then go outside and pull handle shown in photo which releases fluid into either sewer or suitable portable waste tank.
The main pipe is shared with my 2 grey waste tanks but these pipes only join into the main pipe near the end and have there own release handles which are located at the rear and near electric step, The hose and the black gate valve came with the Lakia the hose fits on to the end of the waste pipe as I have shown in the photo, the black gate valve fits nothing, different connection?
Is your toilet directly above where the pipe is? Can you see if there are any other pull handles under the vehicle? Mine was the same where it connected to a pipe for joint black and grey waste but there should be another outlet with a pull handle somewhere.

Upvote 0

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Is your toilet directly above where the pipe is? Can you see if there are any other pull handles under the vehicle? Mine was the same where it connected to a pipe for joint black and grey waste but there should be another outlet with a pull handle somewhere.
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/attachments/img_1419-jpg.471595/ it should look like this and this is where you would slide the cassette on to. Sorry pinched someone’s photo from on here 🙈

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Cleaning the tank and seeing the level is easy, to see the level of my holding tank I just switch off my flush and open the flap and can clearly see what level it is at. But as for using a bucket to put black waste in no thanks.:sick:
Just black water, the bucket was dirty to start as it has been sat in the garden full of weeds and water when it rained.

IMG_0288.jpeg

No lumps or nasties as it has been macerated and then the Ammovit does it's stuff, I did chuck this bucketful in the hedge bottom and will see if it now grows better than the rest ;) or dies?

IMG_0289.jpeg

And if anybody wants a valve for the end of some pipework,

IMG_0290.jpeg

this one and the fittings are all from Pond Planet and are then mated to a coupling that fits the van discharge.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back