JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
Before you actually buy an awning, you need to be aware of how it would be fitted! Many motorhomes already incorporate a channel for a simple fabric awning, which can be bought for under £100, and are easy to erect and pack away. If you take this route, I would recommend you get some good tie-downs, to make sure it doesn’t become a sail!!!

If, however, you are looking for a permanently attached, wind out awning, that’s really something else, which needs expertise to select and fit, in order not to compromise the structure of your Motorhome!! You will also be significantly eating into your payload weight!!

OP
OP
Simon Meadwell
Jan 28, 2016
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bravaria i740 AClass
Im looking for the tent type awning that attaches to the wind out awning i aready have to make another room in the winter for the dog and wet coats etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Im looking for the tent type awning that attaches to the wind out awning i aready have to make another room in the winter for the dog and wet coats etc.
We bought Vango Galli ii tall, very happy with it, about £650 but gives the shelter outside, there is a post 19,391 Photo of day back in July 26th ish give u an idea. Cheers Smudger55

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What you need to look at is the height of any awning that you go for, many caravan porch type awnings will do the job but you will need to have the right height to reach the slot on the attached awning AND the actual roof angle on the porch awning too so it doesn't snag the hab door when opening/closing it. We've used caravan porch awnings as few times and they do vary in ease of putting up/taking down - we prefer the ones with external poles, or at least where the bottom of the poles are external as they are much, much easer to do than the ones that you have to slot the pole in through the material for the whole height. Also look at the shape of the awning too, many have sliding sides and this can severely restrict how much usable space there is inside, the straighter the sides the better.

Below is a Quest Romany Easy Porch Mk 2 which we used previously (the photo is off the web, not of our MH) and was extremely easy to put up as it only had one pole which was 'external'; obviously you can get the air awnings but they can be heavy and I'd prefer a more 'rigid' awning especially for winter use.

Attachments

• Quest Romany Easy Porch Mk 2 awning.jpg
    Quest Romany Easy Porch Mk 2 awning.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 17

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
We’ve bought one of these - Sunncamp Swift 390 Caravan Porch Awning. Added some C-channel to the base of the wind-out so as not to need Keder strip and figure-of-8 section.....
025B9DA4-337A-46D3-B532-81B6F79D6A7C.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2019
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years Caravan 13 years Motorhome
Just bought a Starcamp QuicknEasy265 tall fits up to 280 cm. Light for an air awning and was easy to put up and the option of throwing over lines or unzipping from tunnel beading. its on ebay thru campingonline and we got excellent service and nextday delivery. Just had a few days away to try and well pleased with it and this is from someone who does not particulaly like awnings.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back