Poorly Siskin (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I have brought in a female siskin who was sat all fluffed up in our front border, I am hoping she has flown into the window & is just stunned.
If she doesn't recover i'll be taking her over to a wildlife rescue.
They told me that there is an infection they can get that is curable, but cross fingers that I can just let her go.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Well that was a short lived rescue i'm afraid, I checked on her a short while ago & she had passed away.
I wouldn't even have had time to get her over to the wildlife rescue centre.?

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
On a good note, our feeders are like siskin city an poor Pepsi-boy is going cross eyed watching them, there is one we have named Sissy who totally ignores him and is so sassy, she is always trying to send all the other birds packing from the window feeder. Good job we have a well stocked feeder that's staked out in the border.
This photo is Pepsi just now watching the birds.
20200129_120856.jpg

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I had a pigeon who had been attached by a bird of prey in the garden took it to rescue and survived. But the bat, yes a bat, that was on the lawn barely moving in the middle of the day. After I searched for a box not that I have many the right size to put it over to stop it cooking in the sun (it was June) once I had done this put some water with it and away if flew after a shot rest. Didn't phone, didn't write, not even a text or whatsbat.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back