bridgedino

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Fife
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Bought this new a few weeks back, absolutely flipping well love it. No more window condensation. Nice quality feel and well made

B4D0A333-9A42-408A-A893-8192F68DB6AB.png

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
We also had ours made for our A class at minster in Sheffield lyesterday !!. They sent us one that didnt fit so replaced it with no extra charge Made to measure while you wait service as they didnt have the pattern for our van . 2 hours all done and no pop studs or fixing strips stuck on van.
Excellent service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Can the Minster Polar Screens be used to store a van all winter?,Will they last a few winter seasons? I think that is not the case with some other brands. If Minsters can be used to store over winter then we will get some on order(y)
Thanks for the heads up on these, there are so many makes to choose from.
LES

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I was thinking of buying a set but can you confirm how they are held into the van ? If they are held by the doors my concern would be that the rubber door seals will be damaged over time.

OP
OP
bridgedino

bridgedino

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Fife
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I was thinking of buying a set but can you confirm how they are held into the van ? If they are held by the doors my concern would be that the rubber door seals will be damaged over time.
The actual fabric thats closed on the inside the door and locks everything in place is probably similar in thickness to sheet of paper. I’d be amazed if it had any effect on the door seal. The thicker, quilted material is all external

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
We’ve got one, fits very well and no condemnation. We went for the longer front skirt to cover the top vents. When ordering you need to tell them if you’ve got Remis blinds.

We did have to take it off last Sunday night..........wind was gusting 40mph (Van was rocking) and it started to flap. It does have some extra loops for securing, but I hadn’t used them. 🤷‍♂️ It wasn’t likely to fly off as it is well secured by the doors.

Don’t know what brand he had on, but a van not too far away lost his in the night.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
The actual fabric thats closed on the inside the door and locks everything in place is probably similar in thickness to sheet of paper. I’d be amazed if it had any effect on the door seal. The thicker, quilted material is all external
I will be giving them a call tomorrow, just hope the lockdown in Sheffield doesn’t affect delivery.
thanks, I will tell them you recommended you should get a commission 😜

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Have to add that we had fantastic service from them last week. I made a general enquiry and said I would order in a weeks time as we were going away and I had left it too late to order. He offered to make us one and ship it next day so we had it for this week. It fits great.

Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
We used our Silver Screens version of this for the first time last week whilst on Dartmoor, what a difference to the internal type that we had previously, absolutely no condensation. Just after checking our front window I noticed another van that had the internal type, mopping up what looked like gallons of condensation from their window with towels, am I glad we have changed.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Black polar screen ordered just now, remis blinds being fitted next week, all I need now are some sumo suspension blocks then my van is sorted.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Forte
Exp
10years
Have a Fiat Ducato PVC and considering one of these but wondering how small they fold up as storage is the big challenge. Does anyone have a picture of how small they pack down to? TIA

Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
Have a Fiat Ducato PVC and considering one of these but wondering how small they fold up as storage is the big challenge. Does anyone have a picture of how small they pack down to? TIA
I haven't measured mine but feel it's probably around twice the size of the internal silver screens. We have only used them in the dry so can store them anywhere in their storage bag in the van, but if we have to use them in the wet we will just store them in the shower tray until they are dry or need refitting. They have fold down front so no need to remove until moving on from camp site etc.

Scotsblood

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
Yet another vote for the Minster product, we also have the ‘long’ version and it really does solve the ‘draughty vent’ problem!

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
20201022_135052.jpg

The secret is in the folding.
I start with both corners that go over the doors - fold in half that way, ie centre screen to door corners.
Then fold in half again, then again so that you have a 'tube' the height of the windscreen.
We but this in a long, narrow nylon/ripstop bag (the type a sleeping bag goes into)
Once the 'tube' of screen cover is inside the bag, squeeze cover as far down as it will go inside the bag and then twist the neck of the bag to keep it there.

Ours is a Polar brand we bought it 2nd hand, six years ago for £20. Still going strong! (y) :giggle:

The steel rule is a foot long for scale.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Just ordered a new one with vent extension for our Autotrail Tracker.
Our Silver Screens Paragon one from the Yorkshire company, is decidedly “frail” after 8 years of use. And we bought it SECOND HAND !!
Always been asked by Germans where we got them as theirs were cheapo’s, Not often THEY need advice !!
Will be made on Monday and here by Wednesday. Outstanding..
Mitch.

OP
OP
bridgedino

bridgedino

Free Member
Sep 13, 2020
Fife
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Havnt folded it away since it got colder. Its either on the windscreen or loosely rolled and standing in the shower.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Forte
Exp
10years
Thanks to all. I think I could use it in the gas locker to stop everything moving whilst driving!!!

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
They ( Minster Polar Screens) have a workshop in Telford so no need to go to Sheffield if on the west side of the country and again ours was made to measure in two hours, Top job

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
We keep ours in a plastic storage box. We’ve had to move on during wet times, so we fold it up and put it straight into a waterproof box. At the next stop just take it out and put back on the screen. (y)

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Is there any where to compare the insulation properties of these different makes?

Don’t know, but I can assure you we’ve not had any condensation, which was the main reason for buying one. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back