sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I wanted to book one of the Violet pitches for next April (26th) for 14 nights but the camp site say that CCC have them block booked until well into May? CCC dont offer pitch types on their online booking and they want £75 just for the pleasure of using them! Anyone on the site this winter got a handle on when the CCC mafia leave this winter/next spring?

Deleted User
Rally finishes 14 May.
One of the reasons we stopped using Tropicana as much was the rally, they take up all of the best big pitches, they started in October for a couple of years but back to starting Jan again so we usually call in October for a week or so.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
The CCC don't charge the £75 if you use them for your ferry booking as well. We used them for our booking at Marjal Costa Blanca and the nightly cost was nearly half the ACSI price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dartslf2000

Free Member
Sep 14, 2009
Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1999
Blimey how many rally's do they have down here?!
There was loads on a rally at almafra site a couple of weeks ago when we were there, can't be any ccc members left in the uk

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I am BF club and have already booked my ferry. And their price for a "standard" pitch is more than the price from the site direct!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I wanted to book one of the Violet pitches for next April (26th) for 14 nights but the camp site say that CCC have them block booked until well into May? CCC dont offer pitch types on their online booking and they want £75 just for the pleasure of using them! Anyone on the site this winter got a handle on when the CCC mafia leave this winter/next spring?

You only have to book a one way ferry crossing to avoid the booking fee. I travel down and back in the winter with my BF discount and then use the Dover Calais booking i took when booking some other time of the year,,BUSBY.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
We have aready booked 10 days over Xmas/New Year for the first time on this site (Alcossebre).
Can anyone throw any light on the sites relationship with campers dogs? I have 'heard' that you are allowed max of 2 (we have 1) but dog owners are segregated and kept by the entrance, also dogs are not allowed on any of the nearby beaches.
Anyone know any more on this?

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, there are separate pitches for dog owners, but these pitches are quite alright, and you are not made to feel like a pariah. They are nearer to the entrance, so you have a better chance of getting your dog off site in the morning, before it does a poo - something which, as dog owners, we welcome.
The beach outside the site is great for dog walking. There were plenty of people exercising their dogs on it, including ourselves. There is also lots of dog walking, if you turn left as you go out of the gate.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
The pitches for dog owners are near the entrance but they are just as good as all the others. I think it's so you are out of the site quickly when they need to do their business. We stayed there last year and liked it. The issue with beaches and dogs not being allowed is quite common in Spain. It's not a great beach to be honest.

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks Mags & bellabee - eased our worries already with your observations - setting off tomorrow feeling much happier :xThumb:

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
You'll have a lovely time. We only stayed a few days, but we liked it and would go again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back