plastic thingamabobs - what are they really called (1 Viewer)

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Attached is a photo of the plastic mouldings from the 3 drawer unit in our Tribute PVC. They are the piece that the drawer latch touches to keep the drawer closed.

As you can tell I cant find the right name for them so searching for a source of replacements is not going well!

Does anyone know the proper name for them please? I have written to Autotrail to ask with no luck so far

Attachments

• IMG_0639.JPG
    IMG_0639.JPG
    308.7 KB · Views: 85
OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
thanks all, I've tried catch plates. Will have a go with "keep" . It seems that 2 piece right angled plates are quite common but these with 3 pieces are rare. My fall back is to try making some from aluminium.

I don't know anyone close to here with a 3d printer. I wonder if I could get away with the B&B buying one ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It's a strike plate ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Brilliant, thank you.

I’ll check the dimensions when I get chance.

👍👍👍

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
strike plate/catch plate/keep plastic crap basically

So I remanufacture them in metal if any need replacing

Reactions: dna
OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Autotrail have now answered and apparently they are z catches and £2.30 each plus VAT and delivery.

I'll do some more searching and might be trying the DIY option

Attachments

• zcatch.jpg
    zcatch.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 20

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Good look with searching, I spent ages yesterday looking for you including "Z catch" amongst other things and simply couldn't find them - you could try ringing camper/mh/caravan parts suppliers, the one that comes to mind initially is Oleary's, you'll need to ring them though as what is on their website is a small fraction of what they actually stock:

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Good look with searching, I spent ages yesterday looking for you including "Z catch" amongst other things and simply couldn't find them - you could try ringing camper/mh/caravan parts suppliers, the one that comes to mind initially is Oleary's, you'll need to ring them though as what is on their website is a small fraction of what they actually stock:

Thank you for searching. I don’t hold out much hope that I will do any better. Even if I find anything the lack of measurements on descriptions mean they could be completely the wrong size.
I have the same trouble getting parts for the business. This week we have found a toilet cracked beyond repair. Finding a replacement which won’t result in retiling the wall is not a quick job when suppliers don’t include measurement drawings.
Keeps me occupied though 😀

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thank you for searching. I don’t hold out much hope that I will do any better. Even if I find anything the lack of measurements on descriptions mean they could be completely the wrong size.
I have the same trouble getting parts for the business. This week we have found a toilet cracked beyond repair. Finding a replacement which won’t result in retiling the wall is not a quick job when suppliers don’t include measurement drawings.
Keeps me occupied though 😀
You might be able to pick a used toilet up on Ebay etc - when our tenants moved out of our rental bungalow a couple of years or so ago they had cracked the corner of the toilet pan lid, bearing in mind this toilet was installed in 2006 I feared I might have to replace the whole thing which, although they'd have paid for it, was hassle we could well do without. Fortunately I found one on Ebay, the right type and colour!

• Love It
Reactions: dna
OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
ive given this a quick test fit and it will do the job, needs tidying up and a couple more making but thanks to everyone who helped

Attachments

• IMG_0649.JPG
    IMG_0649.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 20

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back