Jan and Spud

Free Member
Mar 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Like many others we are full-timers and we have to leave our cl site on Friday. We are in the West Midlands, any sensible suggestions?

ALSO how many are there of us out there? At a time when we are being asked to look out for the vulnerable, the vulnerable are being forced into the road.
The facilities are there surely, a site in every area should be made available for those in need.

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
Like many others we are full-timers and we have to leave our cl site on Friday. We are in the West Midlands, any sensible suggestions?

ALSO how many are there of us out there? At a time when we are being asked to look out for the vulnerable, the vulnerable are being forced into the road.
The facilities are there surely, a site in every area should be made available for those in need.
Have you looked under the red banner above where it says Coronavirus? Click on the Full timers and request help. Hopefully someone can help you. Good luck. (y) Welcome to the fun.:WelcomeFlag:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

The Caravan Club are looking into supporting full timers on their sites but I am not sure if that includes the CL network. Maybe worth giving head office a call?

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
This from the Government’s website, exceptions to the regulations on closing caravan sites:

Where people live permanently in caravan parks or are staying in caravan parks as interim abodes where their primary residence is not available, they may continue to do so.
I have a bit of a situation, as from next week I will have no primary residence. Can you remember what the actual government website was or send me a link where you got that information please.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
This from the Government’s website, exceptions to the regulations on closing caravan sites:

Where people live permanently in caravan parks or are staying in caravan parks as interim abodes where their primary residence is not available, they may continue to do so.
I think that means that it's ok for them to stay there if the site allows it not they have a legal right to stay there if the site owner wants to close.

Dec 2, 2019
Redcar/Cambrils, Spain
Funster No
MH
Now Tugging
Exp
More with boats than Moho
I think that means that it's ok for them to stay there if the site allows it not they have a legal right to stay there if the site owner wants to close.
Does anyone know what the Caravan and motorhome club did during the original lockdown, were any sites open or did they all close

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Does anyone know what the Caravan and motorhome club did during the original lockdown, were any sites open or did they all close
I think they did have some open why not contact them.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
We were full timers during the last lockdown - C&CC let us stay for an extra week (we begged) and then we found an independent farmer /campsite who took us in (again we begged). They actually had a few full timers on their site by the end. Based up in Lancashire tho - too far?

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Even if a big club insist you must leave I would be very interested to see what they did if you didn’t.
With ours - the wardens left/were leaving and they locked the gates so eventually you wouldnt be able to get out? I was a key worker so needed to leave in the car regularly never mind shopping for food/checking on parents

Dec 8, 2018
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr e435
Exp
1 year
Can I get to charge at one of these sites? I am a member of CCC. anybody got any experience of the club changing what's available there. ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back