Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Does anyone know if you can use an independent workshop to service a Pilote motorhome and still maintain the warranty.
I know the damp check must be done by a main dealer.

Thanks in advance Andy

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
When I owned my Pilote A class, all habitation servicing was carried out by a trusted independent and the Fiat servicing carried out by my trusted independent hgv garage. The only work undertaken by a Pilote dealer was the damp check and this was not the supplying dealer.

This was 3 years ago so don't know if anything has changed.

During the 3 years I owned the Pilote I didn't need any warranty work carried outšŸ˜

Upvote 0
OP
OP
andyman
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
That's what I intend to do. Bought secondhand private sale. Supplying dealer is to far away and the nearest dealer is not in6in servicing. Managed to get them to do the damp check.

Upvote 0

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
I can only vouch what Sasbo has said, in three years the dealer has done the damp check as per warranty requirements, everything else done by trusted independants and in that time I have required one light fitting and they replaced a rear door seal and that was it, everything else ok ( but need to change a rear led for MOT next week) not covered by warranty

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 13, 2022
Elgin, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SL
Exp
I have a 2022 Polite due it's first service in May and wanted to use a NCC approved mobile service to save a 280 mile return journey but was told Polite will not let you use any other than a Polite Dealer Ship only for the Motorhome part to keep your warranty not the chassis you can use a independent for it

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2020
Scotland Central
Funster No
MH
A Class Pilote
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Andy,
I bought my Pilote A Class when it was 10 years old (now 19 years old) from Marquis, some 350 miles form our home. We returned each year to get the hab check carried out. It was the best thing I have done as - the warranty work carried out by Marquis, subsequent to checks, totaled many thousand of pounds.
Until the warranty has expired it will be a pain but worth it.
The van did not return after warranty.

Travel well, travel safely.
Pilote 270

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2020
Scotland Central
Funster No
MH
A Class Pilote
Exp
Since 2014
Andy,
Sorry - I meant to include in above post that all servicing was and is still done by myself.
No issues to date, travelling all over EU and Scandinavia, balkans etc , 10k miles per year and no issues.
We very, very seldom book campsites and major on aires.
It is a Peugeot Boxer 2.8lt. and an Alko lowered chasis(double floor).
We find it an excellent mh.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have a 2022 Polite due it's first service in May and wanted to use a NCC approved mobile service to save a 280 mile return journey but was told Polite will not let you use any other than a Polite Dealer Ship only for the Motorhome part to keep your warranty not the chassis you can use a independent for it
Is that a hab check though or just a damp check? Not all require the hab.

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Can't believe so few answers. Thought the MHF community would have the definitive answer.

Andy
The Hymer we have only required a damp check this is now a electronic record the base vehicle can be serviced or repaired by any workshop in the same way as a regular car without voiding the warranty although ours is done by a Fiat professional workshop.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This is the habitation service witch includes damp check
Okay, but does it require a full hab or only the damp ... if just the latter it might work out cheaper to do that with the dealer and the hab by the independant NCC one.

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I can only speak of our experience with Pilote Andy, we have a Pilote van that we went to Germany to buy ( 11 months old ), drove it home to Spain and registered it.
After a couple of months one of the led lights started playing up, as it was still only 13 months old contacted Pilote and explained buying it in Germany and living in Spain they sent us a list of places near us to take it, we dropped it in the morning and when we collected it they had replaced all the led lights inside and the outside one above the door all under warranty. šŸ‘
I would phone them direct and ask if you could use someone closer, it's worth a try. šŸ˜Ž Bob.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nov 13, 2022
Elgin, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SL
Exp
I was informed by my dealer that my yearly service has to be done at a Pilote Dealer Ship to maintain my warranty and I could not use an independent even if it is only 5miles from where I live even an NCC workshop was a no no but I could use an independent for the Fiat side of servicing

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back