DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
I have a nice new spare wheel and tyre in the garage of the motorhome taking up valuable space, and it is a lump to move around. I have seen various 'cages' for it to be underslung. Has anyone done this? Thoughts and comments gratefully received on this. I wonder how viable it is?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
It will be a good few years back but someone on here posted pics of a homemade carrier for under the van, have you checked the original isn’t still there and the last owners just preferred to keep it in the garage.

Upvote 0

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Here's a couple of threads to have a look at.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/fiat-ducato-spare-carrier.169733/#post-3182651

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I have a nice new spare wheel and tyre in the garage of the motorhome taking up valuable space, and it is a lump to move around. I have seen various 'cages' for it to be underslung. Has anyone done this? Thoughts and comments gratefully received on this. I wonder how viable it is?
I've done a spare wheel storage on a chausson recently..
The plan was to make a cage and undersling...there was only one place available and that was under the garage on the overhang..
I measured up and thought it would be tight for ground clearance but decided to go ahead..the depth of spare wheel is likely to be 10 or 11 inches minimum...
Anyway I'll cut a long boring story short..there wasn't the safe clearance and I ended up still mounting under the garage but having to let it up into the garage floor by about 5 inches..in other words a much bigger job than I had first intended
Andy
Ps..I think it was in the thread .. "what have you fixed on your motorhome " that I posted some photos.. đź‘Ť

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back