Picking my van up tomorrow, strangely excited (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Well I'll soon be 65 so thought I knew myself quite well, however, to my surprise I am getting strangely excited about picking my van up tomorrow. My Tribute 670 saw the last 4 1/2 years out and covered the best part of 50k miles and I guess I just thought it was time for a change, especially seeing all the things other pvc owners take for granted and not fitted to the Tribute (my version of it at least) such as electric step, electric wing mirrors, carpets! Its a Select 164 with a longitudinal small front sofa rather than the half dinette which gives it a nice airy feel to the front. Fixed bed at the back and hopefully will suit my needs as a solo traveller (my wife doesn't enjoy van life and so I use the van for my hobbies rather than holidays). Its slightly longer at 6.4m, however, seemed to drive just the same as my old one. The timings not good as the day after I pick it up its going straight into storage for three weeks whilst we go on holiday so as you can imagine I am under strict instructions to remain focussed.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Exciting times ahead - Your hobbies will be much more fun in the future. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Nothing strange about being excited with a new van, I was positively dizzy with mine!
Congratulations and enjoy every moment in it.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Where are you going on holiday? Maybe you could escape for a couple of days? Tell Er indoors that you’ve got an emergency business meeting,or Aunty Mabel has died,or your gall stones are playing up,or you’ve left your tablets at home,or you’ve been burgled,or you’ve been offered a job as prime minister,or the dogs not well,or your best mate is dying in hospital,or you want a divorce,or you need counselling,or you forgot to put the cat out...................

Anything,anything,but you must make sure you sit in that motorhome and just..........smile:D:D:D:D:D:D

OR...........You do the sensible thing,and wait!

Good luck,I hope you have many happy travels.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Age should never stop you feeling like a kid at Christmas. Getting excited about something new shows you’re still alive !!
Enjoy the new van when you eventually get away in it :D

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
We've got to wait until next Tuesday to pick up new one!
It'll be a long week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back