Photobucket. (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
photobucket are no longer allowing us to post images via an image code on forums. They now require a fee of $39.99 a month.

So expect to see images dissapear soon to be replaced with a box saying temporarily disabled.

As my account hardly works due to the advertising bombardments on the site they can booger right off.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know it has a lot of drawbacks and invades-your life but Google photos does work bloody well, it's amazing what it can do but on the other hand it knows what you are going to do before you do :(

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you are fully into google every photo you take is automatically on all your devices, tells you where and when it was took and all the photo settings and a myriad of other stuff , but the best thing I have found with it is sending photos to someone else , where you used to have to send a picture message costing upto 50p a time, and messing about uploading and stuff , with google you take a photo and with a couple of clicks it will be in someone else's inbox for free almost immeadiatly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
My image code on Photobucket works fine.

IMG_1828_zpsa2158271.jpg

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
My image code on Photobucket works fine.

IMG_1828_zpsa2158271.jpg

It may be but not for long... I moderate on a Toyota Forum and all members who use Photobucket have had thier images replaced with a message asking them to visit a page. When they do there is a request to pay or the images will not reappear.

It's spreading among forums right now.

Just a heads up so folk know what is happening.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I've got a feeling this is down to a bit of malware somewhere in the works, as I've just searched through the Photobucket T&Cs & can't find anything relating to having to pay if you've 2GB of storage or less.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Do you have a free account Charlie? I have a Plus 20 which is their basic paid for account I believe.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Maybe thats reason, reducing the benefits on the free accounts.
I don't have much on mine so will probably close it when the next bi-yearly payment comes up in 2019

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Works fine for me too, see......:)
IMG_3648.JPG
IMG_3649.JPG

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
It may be but not for long... I moderate on a Toyota Forum and all members who use Photobucket have had thier images replaced with a message asking them to visit a page. When they do there is a request to pay or the images will not reappear.

It's spreading among forums right now.

Just a heads up so folk know what is happening.

It's wrecked Auto Sleepers Owners Forum !

This screenshot shows what I was confronted with on my iPad recently and as you can see, the site is barely useable in its current state. A couple of members have posted workarounds, but key information is covered by the Photobucket images :mad::mad:

image.png

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
As Kingham has said it's a nightmare on ASOF, I've used it for years and have a few I would like to keep but looks like will be moving. The shame is I already pay for iCloud but afaik you cannot get the hosting links.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
PB are effectively holding us to randsome. I have fifteen years of photos and now they are useless. I have over the years been adopted as a sort of Detailing advisor on many forums and posted many pictures to aid trying to help and I moderate on the Rav4 drivers club forum which has also been wrecked by the decision taken by PB.. Hundreds of images I've posted in doing the above have been deleted.

I wonder how long the other hosting sites will do the same

Last edited:
May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
It's wrecked Auto Sleepers Owners Forum !

This screenshot shows what I was confronted with on my iPad recently and as you can see, the site is barely useable in its current state. A couple of members have posted workarounds, but key information is covered by the Photobucket images :mad::mad:

View attachment 171611
I have the same problem on the AS forum and cant decipher any solutions to rid myself of this problem as the screen gets covered. I don't even use Photobucket! Any advice please??

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
If you want to access the ASOF Forum try the mobile view instead of the classic view
roli

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
If you want to access the ASOF Forum try the mobile view instead of the classic view
roli
Thanks Roli,

I've just tried that and it worked fine. Hopefully Ed will be able to sort something out when he gets back.

@sylvester1954 I don't use Photobucket either and other than Roli's solution above, unfortunately I've got no answers.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I know it has a lot of drawbacks and invades-your life but Google photos does work bloody well, it's amazing what it can do but on the other hand it knows what you are going to do before you do :(
I find Google Photos totally useless. Since they integrated Picasa into it my gallery is now only viewable it you are logged into Google and have given other users permission. That is the reason the link to my gallery in my signature no longer works.
Can't just transfer the images to Flicker have reupload them not had time to do it.

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
i was waiting until picked up my iPad to check it, thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back