Peugeot J5 based Motorhome. (1 Viewer)

BGD

Banned
Aug 20, 2007
Costa Blanca, Spain.
Funster No
Just to get this section started:

I've got a 1992 Eura mobil on a Peugeot J5 2.5 litre non-turbo, deisel LHD chassis-cab.

(Same as the Talbot Express and Citroen C25)

If anyone has similar and needs any advice, I'll help if I can.

Cheers,

Bruce.

OP
OP
BGD

BGD

Banned
Aug 20, 2007
Costa Blanca, Spain.
Funster No
Thanks! :Cool:

Not the best in the world perhaps, but all my own work.

There's a guest-book on it that you can sign if so minded........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

animalambulanceman

Free Member
Dec 18, 2007
Funster No
Hi there Bruce,
You could be the answer to my problems as a week ago yesterday I bought a 1992 LHD Euromobil 540 on a J5 chassis with a Peugeot 2.5 td engine that had no English appliance information with it-Everything was in German -and although I used to have a 1988 RHD Fiat Ducato Highwayman that had virtually the same interior fittings/appliances the water/heating system is different in the Peugeot.This camper has a Trauma heater/boiler with a hot water storage tank and combined blown air heating system but my other one had an Ascot style water heater with seperate Propex blown air heating.From playing about I've managed to get both hot air and hot water coming out but this was a bit hit and miss as I just turned dials and switched switches to achieve it and I could really do with some English instructions to follow so that I can properly control the temprature of the heat and hot water.Do you have an English Euramobil owners manual that I could get a copy of please Bruce?A complete English owners handbook would be perfect but if not just the heating/water heater manual would suffice-unless you happen to live fairly near to Kilburn(NW London) and I could pop round for a demonstration and make my own notes?Also I wonder if your camper has the leisure battery located under the drivers seat which is a pain to get at?I think that I may need to change this battery as it does not seem to be charging via the zig unit when the engine is running-I am going to try charging it using an ordinary battery charger and an extension lead from my home before removing the seat and trying to check the wiring as there are so many wires under there and it may just be the battery that's past it's working life.Do you have any suggestions please Bruce?Looking forward to hearing from you Michael-The Animal Ambulance Man

OP
OP
BGD

BGD

Banned
Aug 20, 2007
Costa Blanca, Spain.
Funster No
Hi there Bruce,
You could be the answer to my problems as a week ago yesterday I bought a 1992 LHD Euromobil 540 on a J5 chassis with a Peugeot 2.5 td engine that had no English appliance information with it-Everything was in German -and although I used to have a 1988 RHD Fiat Ducato Highwayman that had virtually the same interior fittings/appliances the water/heating system is different in the Peugeot.This camper has a Trauma heater/boiler with a hot water storage tank and combined blown air heating system but my other one had an Ascot style water heater with seperate Propex blown air heating.From playing about I've managed to get both hot air and hot water coming out but this was a bit hit and miss as I just turned dials and switched switches to achieve it and I could really do with some English instructions to follow so that I can properly control the temprature of the heat and hot water.Do you have an English Euramobil owners manual that I could get a copy of please Bruce?A complete English owners handbook would be perfect but if not just the heating/water heater manual would suffice-unless you happen to live fairly near to Kilburn(NW London) and I could pop round for a demonstration and make my own notes?Also I wonder if your camper has the leisure battery located under the drivers seat which is a pain to get at?I think that I may need to change this battery as it does not seem to be charging via the zig unit when the engine is running-I am going to try charging it using an ordinary battery charger and an extension lead from my home before removing the seat and trying to check the wiring as there are so many wires under there and it may just be the battery that's past it's working life.Do you have any suggestions please Bruce?Looking forward to hearing from you Michael-The Animal Ambulance Man

Hya Michael - sorry for the enormous delay in replying but I don't get on here very often.

A bit difficult to pop round to your place....as you'll see from my profile we live on the Costa Blanca in Spain!

No, I'm afraid I didn't get any English manuals with my MH...just a demonstration of how things worked from the previous (English) owner when we bought it from him here in Spain last year.
But I have to say that everything is reasonably self-evident. What specifically is it that you are have trouble figuring out?

Yes, the leisure battery on mine is under the passenger seat, and would be a bugger to get at (you'd have to unbolt the seat from it's runners to get it out. As it happens, I've not needed to do that...it gets charged when the MH is running, and seems to hold it's charge with no problems to date.
One thing I have doen, as we spend most of our outings in the MH wild-camping (it's so easy to do so here in Spain) rather than on organised sites with elecric hookups, is I changed ALL internal light bulbs for LED ones. Ace! Cheap as chips off ebay, and generate no heat, and reduce the drain on the battery substantially.
Also, even on the rare occasions when we need to use the gas heater, we don't bother with the blown-air bit....seems a bit of a waste of time to me, as the heater kicks out enough warmth to fill the MH very quickly, and we save battery power by not using the fan thingy.

Generally, the quality of fittings on our Euramobil is extremely good! It's now 16 years old, but everything works fine, and the internal carpentry is still robust and functional.

Externally, someone had the brilliant foresight to get it waxoiled from new, thus there is stil no (I mean NO) rust on the cassis/cab bodywork whatsoever.
All I do is change oil/oil filter regularly, and drive it!
The biggest value extra, by miles, that I added was a set of spring assistors on top of the rear axle to solve the "soggy bottom" syndrome. Fantastic improvement, for only around £130 from Grayston Engineering (self fitted in about two hours).

B

badger1441

Deleted User
Hi bruce,im keith in dorset,uk.
I also have the same base as yours,but mines a 1987 "arca 551" a class.
I'm currently searching ebay for a turbo diesel to replace my grossly underpowered 3
tonne van,but they seem few and far between:RollEyes:.
There are LOADS of "xud" 1.9 td engines tho,but although they have a 40% torque advantage,im not sure if it would fit the gearbox,or be over stressed being a lower cc engine.
Any thoughts,or advice? Hows yours up the hills?

nozzel

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Birmingham West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class & RV US
Exp
43 years
Hi animalambulanceman
Go to preloved.co.uk ....forums....campingcar....they cover the J5 chassis (Peugeot Fiat, Talbot Citroen) . Some of the members own Euromobil's they answer all your questions

Nozzel

L

Lin J

Deleted User
Fuse Ratings

Hi we have a 1992 RHD Talbot Express (Peugeot J5) based motorhome, would you be able to tell me what the fuse ratings should be for it? This van has had some strange changes to the wiring etc over the years by previous owners & some fuses added that don't seem to be the correct ratings. We're in the process of sorting all that out but have no handbook or service manual etc so it would be really handy if someone with the same van could maybe tell us what rating fuses they have & what they cover.
Thanks for any help anyone can give on this.

ian81

Free Member
May 27, 2008
Funster No
I have an electronic (pdf) owners manual for a J5 -not sure exact years but it related to our old motorhome vintage 1987. Happy to send a copy to anybody. ps includes fuse details

L

Lin J

Deleted User
Hello ian81 we'd be really interested to have a copy of the electronic owners manual for the J5 it could prove helpful. Can you tell me how to do this? I'm not sure how members can contact each other without posting e-mail addresses for all to see.
Thanks

L

lakyyu

Deleted User
C 25 manual

Please send me that PDF if you can.
I'll be very grateful
:thumb:

worldlywanderer

Free Member
Feb 26, 2010
Funster No
Euro Mobil

Always grateful for advice. We're considering buying a 2005 model and wondered what to look for. You know, every vehicle has its excentiricities and negative design features; which ones are important for this camper?

camper2

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Funster No
Hi we have a 1992 RHD Talbot Express (Peugeot J5) based motorhome, would you be able to tell me what the fuse ratings should be for it? This van has had some strange changes to the wiring etc over the years by previous owners & some fuses added that don't seem to be the correct ratings. We're in the process of sorting all that out but have no handbook or service manual etc so it would be really handy if someone with the same van could maybe tell us what rating fuses they have & what they cover.
Thanks for any help anyone can
give on this.

hi all
i'm looking for j5 c25 or talbot express 2.5 td engine any idea where can should start looking been to local yards with no joy.
my 1990 hymer died last week and was told it would be cheaper to replace
any help would be great
thanks all
cath

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Talbot Express 1988 Manual

Hi Lin J

We used to own a 1988 talbot express talisman autosleeper, we have a photo copied manual if you are interested, we are possibly going to Stratford show if you are anywhere near, if not where do you live?

KiwiDundee

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Funster No
J5 Peugeot 1987 Hymer

I have an electronic (pdf) owners manual for a J5 -not sure exact years but it related to our old motorhome vintage 1987. Happy to send a copy to anybody. ps includes fuse details
Hi. Tried to send you a private message but admin said your mailbox is full - could you please make some space? Desperate to get a copy of a manual - Thank you:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back