Pet Spanish Passport, Rabies Booster Blood Antibody Test? Help please. (1 Viewer)

Brand New Day

Free Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tyneside & Murcia Spain
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 530
Exp
Since April 2021
Hi, I was hoping someone may be able to put my mind to rest about a booster rabies antibody blood test?
Our dog was issued a Spanish pet passport in August, a one year rabies booster was done too.
There was no mention of having a blood test done to check for antibodies after 21 days. I am pretty certain we had to have that in the UK almost three year ago?
We live in the UK, but are still on holiday here in Spain, and don’t want to have any problems with this when we present his passport in France next year, before heading to Spain.
We were stopped at French border control in France when we arrived. They said our 3 year rabies UK jab was not recognised by them, they pulled out a lot of paperwork, and said we had to go to a Vet next morning to get a rabies jab booster that was recognised by them. My husband said we were heading to Spain, so they put all of the paperwork away, and sent us on our way!

Jan 19, 2014
Calpe Spain
Funster No
MH
Benimar T483
Exp
Since 1980
We got our Spanish rescue dog early this year and as part of the process a Spanish passport was issued and the rabies jab and worming recorded.
We had to go back to the UK so armed with said passport we hit Santander.
Pet passport was fully examined and nothing was said about a blood test.
On our return thru Eurotunnel again Pet passport fully examined but no requirement for a blood test.
Hope this helps??

Jan 19, 2014
Calpe Spain
Funster No
MH
Benimar T483
Exp
Since 1980
Forgot to mention rabies jab is only valid for one year here in Spain.
Worming entry only valid from 1 to 5 days for entry into UK.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
If the booster was given before the run out date of the previous jab then no test is needed.
If it was after expiry then your in need of a retest

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
If the pre booster jab was done prior to us leaving the EU then it is allowed. We had ours checked on leaving the EU earlier this year with new passport.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Forgot to mention rabies jab is only valid for one year here in Spain.
Worming entry only valid from 1 to 5 days for entry into UK.
We live in Spain, we get the boosters done in Portugal (or any EU country where we could find a vet doing them) and get 3 yearly ones. It will not be an issue. Whatever the date of the expiry of the jab is IS the date when it runs out. They are just not licensed to give them with a longer validity. Janie

OP
OP
Brand New Day

Brand New Day

Free Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tyneside & Murcia Spain
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 530
Exp
Since April 2021
We got our Spanish rescue dog early this year and as part of the process a Spanish passport was issued and the rabies jab and worming recorded.
We had to go back to the UK so armed with said passport we hit Santander.
Pet passport was fully examined and nothing was said about a blood test.
On our return thru Eurotunnel again Pet passport fully examined but no requirement for a blood test.
Hope this helps??
Thank you so much, just the information we were looking for 😊

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Just been to a vet in Javea and they quoted 71 euros for EU Pet Pasport and Rabies booster. Is this equivalent to the uk boosters in the sense that although Spain requires annual boosters, would we be able to travel to say France, Germany and other countries for up to 3 years as we did with the original uk pet passport and jab.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Parrot Face No, it will only last a year. The date it says it finishes. Sorry. Janie
BUT If you are going to be driving through France you may find a vet there that can give a 3 year booster in the Spanish (no rabies recorded) passport. I would not yet waiting to see if you can get a French passport, they have clamped down.
P.S. We live in Javea, Izzy has a Spanish passport. I get the boosters done in Portugal (or Germany or wherever in EU I can get a 3 year one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back