Pet Passport for Humans? (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
As the vaccination programme continues and new variants of the virus emerge, it would appear that these variants may require regular updates, possibly with further vaccinations every autumn. Of course it may be pure speculation at the moment but there appears to be talk that any overseas travel will require evidence of vaccination. Could this mean that we each have to carry evidence of these vaccinations in the form of a booklet similar to the Pet Passport . I would also speculate as to whether this might also require a degree of testing at the borders. We could possibly be charged for these tests etc. Is this likely??

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
As the vaccination programme continues and new variants of the virus emerge, it would appear that these variants may require regular updates, possibly with further vaccinations every autumn. Of course it may be pure speculation at the moment but there appears to be talk that any overseas travel will require evidence of vaccination. Could this mean that we each have to carry evidence of these vaccinations in the form of a booklet similar to the Pet Passport . I would also speculate as to whether this might also require a degree of testing at the borders. We could possibly be charged for these tests etc. Is this likely??
Who Knows,,,BUSBY,,

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Don't pets have to be microchipped?

PERHAPS there really is a microchip in these vaccines after all? :devil:
It would save a lot of time and reduce the risk of forgeries.

Gordon

[Only joking!]

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Initially, I didn’t give this much thought as I’ll definitely take my vaccine as soon as it’s offered and I’m happy to show a record of it. However, reading views of done anti-vaxxers on fb and even on here, I am firmly in favour. Statistically, I much more at risk from someone who is unvaccinated so, if a vaccine is required for cinema, restaurant etc, I will be much more confident going. I see this is the approach Israel is taking.

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Initially, I didn’t give this much thought as I’ll definitely take my vaccine as soon as it’s offered and I’m happy to show a record of it. However, reading views of done anti-vaxxers on fb and even on here, I am firmly in favour. Statistically, I much more at risk from someone who is unvaccinated so, if a vaccine is required for cinema, restaurant etc, I will be much more confident going. I see this is the approach Israel is taking.
I don’t quite see the logic of your argument. The vaccine should protect you, maybe not from getting the virus but from being seriously ill and you could be asymptomatic, so it is the unvaccinated in the cinema, etc who would be more at risk of serious illness, not you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I don’t quite see the logic of your argument. The vaccine should protect you, maybe not from getting the virus but from being seriously ill and you could be asymptomatic, so it is the unvaccinated in the cinema, etc who would be more at risk of serious illness, not you.
Vaccines are not 100% effective but are thought (though not proven) to reduce transmission. How do you know if you’re in the 70% of AZ with protection or the 30% that isn’t protected? I’ll be careful post vaccine.

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Vaccines are not 100% effective but are thought (though not proven) to reduce transmission. How do you know if you’re in the 70% of AZ with protection or the 30% that isn’t protected? I’ll be careful post vaccine.
So, if you are in a group of 10 people all of whom have been vaccinated, how will you know which 3 haven’t been protected by it? It could be you who are unprotected.

Where did you find evidence that 30% of those vaccinated will have no protection from it? My understanding I’d that 70% will have full protection and 30% partial, meaning they may get minor symptoms.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
So, if you are in a group of 10 people all of whom have been vaccinated, how will you know which 3 haven’t been protected by it? It could be you who are unprotected.

Where did you find evidence that 30% of those vaccinated will have no protection from it? My understanding I’d that 70% will have full protection and 30% partial, meaning they may get minor symptoms.
I guess you do what you’re comfortable with. I certainly will. Long Covid is a genuine concern ... ‘mild’ Covid can have long term implications. And yes, it could be me who is in the 30% unprotected. But certainly anyone who hasn’t had the vaccine will have 100% chance of being unprotected.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back