Pershore Plum Festival Rally. Next Week.One Vacancy. Please Read (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Morning All,

The above rally which starts on Monday 18th August has been full since it was posted.
At one time we had umpteen on the Reserve List

48hrs ago, one of the attendees had to give backward.

Since then I have been going through the Reserve list to allow one of their number to attend. Some of the them were experts in the art of Camouflage and were difficult to locate, but I can now say that everyone on that list has been contacted and have declined. This is totally understandable given the closeness to the event.

I have been approached by other Funsters who, having read of my search for Reservists stated they would wish to come but I was unable to confirm as I was still on the hunt for Reservists. They have been told what I am going to do which is as follows;

At 9.00pm tonight, or very shortly afterwards, (This is NOT an arbitrary time. It is the time I was allowing Reservists to contact me), I will post a message on this thread inviting one Funster/Couple/ to come to Pershore.

The first Funster who sends me a 'Conversation' AFTER I have posted that message will get to go.
Please note. That doesn't mean that you send me a message on this thread saying 'PM Sent' It means a Conversation in my mailbox.

To make it even fairer, the Funsters who are at Malvern who haven't seen this will be told well before 9.00pm by an announcement in the Marquee.

This might read like I'm on a Power Trip. I'm not. I'm just doing my best to be scrupulously fair to everyone.
This Rally was FULL in less than 3 hrs. I want to give all a last chance to attend Pershore.

If you wish to come to Pershore and haven't read the thread in the Scheduled Rallies Forum section, please do so. It's a minimum of 7 nights arriving Monday or Tuesday next week. It's £12 a night to include EHU.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Lastly, don't send me a PM if you're not sure about attending. I want closure on this.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
48hrs ago, one of the attendees had to give backward

Can I ask is this a saying from where you live as I’ve not come across it before.

No offence just curious/nosey ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Drifter

Free Member
May 25, 2019
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Low profile c class
Exp
We are heading to Southport tomorrow then down to wales for a few days so I,ll add a message here to follow the thread. If it’s not filled, we could pop over early next week.
I’m sure it will get filled but you never know, we are just off on a wander so could be a chance to meet more funsters

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Can I ask is this a saying from where you live as I’ve not come across it before.

No offence just curious/nosey ?
No offence taken.

I suppose the real spelling is 'Backword' but this computer said I was spelling backward wrong, so I left the corrected word in.
Say it quick and it sounds the same anyway.

But, if you forget the incorrect use of the spelling, giving backword is something that I've used all my life.
My origins are that I'm a 'Loiner' ie someone from Leeds, Yorkshire.

PS. Once had a girlfriend from Dundee so I' suppose I'm one of the few Tykes who actually knows what a tattie Bogle is. (Leave them wondering) (y)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
No offence taken.

I suppose the real spelling is 'Backword' but this computer said I was spelling backward wrong, so I left the corrected word in.
Say it quick and it sounds the same anyway.

But, if you forget the incorrect use of the spelling, giving backword is something that I've used all my life.
My origins are that I'm a 'Loiner' ie someone from Leeds, Yorkshire.

Well I never, I spent some time in North Yorkshire, Netherton just outside Wakefield but never heard the saying before.

Thanks for the reply ?

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
As it now 9.00pm by my computer it is time to send me a 'Conversation'

Good Luck everyone!!!

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The 'Winner??? of the comp. to get to Pershore is walburga who was the first person to respond to my message AFTER it had been sent. Congratulations. See you at Pershore.

Sorry to those who entered but missed out and thank you for entering.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
That's great...We'll see you all there.
I've pm'd Emmit with my details.

regards
Allen & Eileen

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Well I never, I spent some time in North Yorkshire, Netherton just outside Wakefield but never heard the saying before.

Thanks for the reply ?

I think you might get run out of Netherton, WEST Yorkshire on a rail with that comment. Hee Hee

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
CHARITY AUCTION AND BOOK APPEAL

Could I remind all the Funsters who are attending this rally that we will be holding a Charity Auction. We already have some good prizes but we would welcome additions to make this a Fun, appealing event.

As per every event we attend, we will also be selling paperback books on behalf of Prostate Cancer UK. Funsters, quite rightly are known for their generosity in this regard. Last year we raised nearly £1000 in this and other means.

Could I ask you to scour the shelves at home, (or 'Van) and donate them to us. We in turn will sell them on the field.

Thank you in advance

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back