Rally Pershore Plum Festival + Malvern Follow on.20th-28th Aug.2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
...and it's Pimms O'clock

View attachment 250592

Cheers Toni @dryad
Everyone much appreciated your hospitality.

aww, what a lovely photo of you all, glad it went down well and i must add my grateful thanks to derek and mary for organising this on my behalf, i only wish i could have been there to share it with you and say thank you to all who have helped and shown me such kindness in the past few years at previous meetups..

have been looking forward for so long for this, to meeting old friends, making new and spending time just chilling out by the river there and watching the world go by, hopefully next year fingers crossed and the gods willing..(y)

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
A BIG THANKYOU to @Emmit Derek & Mary
@Damelza Malcolm & Theresa. What a wonderful meet such a lovely place. So well done on all accounts x we enjoyed our selves tremendously it's definitely a must for those that couldn't make it this year.
Kate x

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Superb week..

Thank You..

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Another great meet. A big thank you to Derek and Mary, and Malcolm and Theresa. For such a well organised meet.
Has been good meeting you all again.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
A BIG THANKYOU to @Emmit Derek & Mary
@Damelza Malcolm & Theresa. What a wonderful meet such a lovely place. So well done on all accounts x we enjoyed our selves tremendously it's definitely a must for those that couldn't make it this year.
Kate x
Kate if all those who never came turn up. We might miss this meet next year.:D:D:D:D. We wouldn't want that would we.:LOL:

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 966M
Exp
since 2010
Thank you Derek, Mary, Theresa & Malcolm for all your hard work to make this an enjoyable meet. Lovely peaceful setting and afternoon events.
Jeff & Chris

DLT

Sep 2, 2013
pencoed
Funster No
MH
swift c/built
Exp
What a great week a great campsite weather not so great great company all thanks to Derek Mary Theresa Malcolm great organising Thanks Julia David

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Thank you for organising a great rally.

Tina and I both had a good time, the venue was lovely, and the hosts were even better.

Thank you all for your hard work and making the rally one of the best I've been on.

Regards

Daz n Tina

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We had a great week and many, many thanks to the organisers for all their efforts. The cream tea was a favourite highlight as well as Dereck’s attempts to save Moose from the river, or the Swans!

The only disappointing moment was when we were going up the lane on our way home. The owner Craig was coming down the lane, we moved into the edge and he gave us a mouthful of obscenities - totally out of the blue and absolutely not the best way to end a perfect week.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Deleted repeated

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We had a great week and many, many thanks to the organisers for all their efforts. The cream tea was a favourite highlight as well as Dereck’s attempts to save Moose from the river, or the Swans!

The only disappointing moment was when we were going up the lane on our way home. The owner Craig was coming down the lane, we moved into the edge and he gave us a mouthful of obscenities - totally out of the blue and absolutely not the best way to end a perfect week.
Ginny, what a horrible way to end a lovely week - hope it didn't upset you too much - you'de think he'd be a happy bunny after a very profitable 7 days! It was lovely to catch up with the gorgeous Charlie (and yourself and Mike) too!

We had a lovely week, thanks to Mary and Derek, and Teresa and Malcolm. It was lovely to catch up with old mates and meet new friends too. The setting was perfect for Pimms, Scones and red wine and Pershore with its abundance of plums was lovely.

The classic car show was amazing and the weather gave us the opportunity to have a lazy, hungover Sunday!

Looking forward to a repeat performance next year!

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014

That’s not good, was it definitely Craig??
I would have expected from the boat yard owner :whistle:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
That’s not good, was it definitely Craig??
I would have expected from the boat yard owner :whistle:

It was definitely Craig, he was towing the rubbish trailer and I was just about to thank him for a great site and say goodbye when he shouted through his window, ending with fxxxxxx pxxxx.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Without the stewards these rallies wouldn’t occur so thanks go to Derek, Mary, Malcolm and Mary for another well organised rally(y)
Sorry Theresa, one Hail Mary too many!:)

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
It was definitely Craig, he was towing the rubbish trailer and I was just about to thank him for a great site and say goodbye when he shouted through his window, ending with fxxxxxx pxxxx.

:eek::eek: Charming! I think I’d have got out and asked him to repeat that :mad:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well that's one site struck off the list if that's what he thinks to us all after spending 2 k or more with them /him .....I know the boatyard man did not like us being there but site owner seemed good ....We won't be going back if that's his attitude

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Maybe @Emmit and can advise what Craig thought of the motor home meet. I did hear he thought there were a lot of empty booze bottles but when we left all the rubbish was in the bins and I didn't see anything left behind. A nice clean site was left behind and all adhered to the no mats on the grass request.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I was just about to thank him for a great site and say goodbye when he shouted through his window, ending with fxxxxxx pxxxx.

I could not let that rest, as others have said a nice little earner for him/them.. ££££££££££££££..

I would be inclined to e.mail him through their web-site and ask what he was on about, and why he used those words..

And let it be known that if an unsatisfactory answer were to come and an apology then a few will not be coming back..

Shame something like this has to mar a superb week... :(
.................................................................................

You sure you were not dribbling your grey or black waste up the road... :wink: :rofl:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
If Craig is the guy with the lawn mower he struck me as being a little bit OCD, no excuse though really.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
For all those interested in my little bump £250 fully comp so no hidden probs thank god. .

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Maybe @Emmit and can advise what Craig thought of the motor home meet. I did hear he thought there were a lot of empty booze bottles but when we left all the rubbish was in the bins and I didn't see anything left behind. A nice clean site was left behind and all adhered to the no mats on the grass request.

I will say that there were several instances of Funsters putting Non Recyclable bags into wheelie bins meant for recyclable 'stuff' and despite us stewards telling everybody to put non recyclable 'stuff' into the black binbag we provided, some didn't. Craig did mention this to me after the incident with Teasy (not that he mentioned that to me at the time)
Other than that,and it was made as a passing remark only, he was very happy with the conduct of us all.

Who can say what caused him to lose it on the road. I have had a discussion with Teasy about the matter and I will accede to his wishes.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Without wishing to detract from the events of leaving day, I have to report that today I sent a letter to Prostate Cancer UK complete with a cheque in the sum of £105.70 raised at Pershore.
This comprised of £55.70 for 'Guess the weight of the Marrow/Courgette' kindly donated by @Ambilkate, (You'll have to spend a bit more time at home, you three!), £18 was raised from the selling of the books and £32 was donated by some very kind Funsters (You know who you are) at the end of the rally.

As is usual, when I receive the letter back, I will publish it on this thread.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Without wishing to detract from the events of leaving day, I have to report that today I sent a letter to Prostate Cancer UK complete with a cheque in the sum of £105.70 raised at Pershore.
This comprised of £55.70 for 'Guess the weight of the Marrow/Courgette' kindly donated by @Ambilkate, (You'll have to spend a bit more time at home, you three!), £18 was raised from the selling of the books and £32 was donated by some very kind Funsters (You know who you are) at the end of the rally.

As is usual, when I receive the letter back, I will publish it on this thread.

Neighbours just brought us another one. Going to have a go at marrow rum to bring with us next year.
IMG_20180829_195038.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We've got 6 Kilner Jars full of Plum and Apple Chutney courtesy of Pershore.
Oh! Yes. There's also a Litre and a quarter of both Damson Gin and Damson Anise on the go as a result of an evening walk the night before leaving.

And, No. we didn't find the Gin or the Anise. We found the Damsons!

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
I've got 5lb of Damsons and 5lbs of plums in the freezer! Where do you get the time to do all that already, I'm slacking obviously (n)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back