Parking Conundrum Resolved - Where can I park in Dulverton (Exmoor) (1 Viewer)

Bewildered

Free Member
Oct 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1995
lion_stables_cp.jpg
exmoor_house_cp.jpg
guildhall_cp.jpg

GET THE MESSAGE?? All three car parks don't want you. The 1525kg limit is rather strange given that half the locals drive SUV's.

So I emailed the council and suggested allowing parking somewhere! they got back with the following:-

Hello Nigel

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent suggestion. All feedback we receive is very important to us.

These 'No Motorhomes' signs have been added to our car park signage and is not in line with our Off Street parking Places Order, so they will be removed and the car parks monitored to ensure that they do not reappear.

I'm sorry that you felt you could not use our car parks due to this signage, when visiting our area.

Kind regards
Somerset West and Taunton

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
If you know Dulverton it’s not really a place most would take a motorhome apart from the campsite Exmoor house which is just a stroll away from the town and good pubs. :cheers:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Too many places being ruined for the majority of us, by the selfish stupid actions of a minority, who the media choose to report on, and ignore the rest of us,
same 5h17, different day. :(

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I posted elsewhere by mistake (Oops!)

Even my Passat estate is more than 1525kgs.
That piece of nonsense was written in probably when Morris Minors and Austin 7's were the order of the day.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

That piece of nonsense was written in probably when Morris Minors and Austin 7's were the order of the day.
you'd be surprised how many councils have weight limits that legally prevent half the vehicles parking.I enquired where I could park a MH of Chelmsford council n Essex , received no reply , complained ,to be told that they had ignored me as they thought I was a "traveller looking for sites without height restrictions" .:giggle:Whilst perusing there rules & regs I found that anything with an unladen weight of 2 Tonnes was prohibited from paring on any of there sites.. That's many mpv's most land rovers,Range rovers, ML's, etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
you'd be surprised how many councils have weight limits that legally prevent half the vehicles parking.I enquired where I could park a MH of Chelmsford council n Essex , received no reply , complained ,to be told that they had ignored me as they thought I was a "traveller looking for sites without height restrictions" .:giggle:Whilst perusing there rules & regs I found that anything with an unladen weight of 2 Tonnes was prohibited from paring on any of there sites.. That's many mpv's most land rovers,Range rovers, ML's, etc.

Exactly!

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977

You been to Dulverton then. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back