P&O ferries (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 30, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 664
Exp
2012m
Hi just a headsup I just booked our ferry and saved a total of £53.13 the discount with po ferries end tonight .

OP
OP
M
Apr 30, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 664
Exp
2012m
It’s a deal this weekend 25 per cent discount if staying 5 days and over it ends tomorrow midnight . I am going on 31st of August for 2 weeks it was £272.50 and I got it for £219.37 .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Why is it when someone posts a helpful reminder which funsters may find beneficial others have to 'stick their oar' viewpoint in?

It's irrelevant to the info being given and worse may prevent others posting useful stuff if they are likely to get the same type of unhelpful responses.

If you want to have a whinge/rant etc then start your own thread to do so and don't divert the original one.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Why is it when someone posts a helpful reminder which funsters may find beneficial others have to 'stick their oar' viewpoint in?

It's irrelevant to the info being given and worse may prevent others posting useful stuff if they are likely to get the same type of unhelpful responses.

If you want to have a whinge/rant etc then start your own thread to do so and don't divert the original one.
Couldn’t agree more. 👍
Phil

Chris Laing

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Not sure if there was an issue yesterday with there booking system. I thought I had booked and paid for August then got no email confirmation. Still haven’t received anything so can’t do much until I check my account on Monday.
Seems a bit because booked on Wednesday for a week in march without any issues.

OP
OP
M
Apr 30, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 664
Exp
2012m
We had a problem booking on line, called customer services and was sorted by a very helpful lady and received email confirmation few minutes after call .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Minxy
Totally agree. The only issue being, there would be so many threads running poor Ol Jim wouldn’t be able to keep up. Take the Ukraine thread, there’s not many days that the OP’s original subject goes off at a tangent and people get shirty with each other.

Chris Laing

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
We had a problem booking on line, called customer services and was sorted by a very helpful lady and received email confirmation few minutes after call .
All sorted booking was complete but mistake with my email address.

Interesting if you compare the pricing I got for ferry compared to quote for Eurotunnel.

PO ferry with dog lounge for 2 trips
1 week in March and 2 weeks on the 29th July
Total with £90 Tesco voucher saving £570

Eurotunnel quote for just the July trip plus dog £600 less the £90 Tesco vouchers
£510

Chris Laing

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
You may want to watch this (y) ;)

It’s all about the Pet lounge for us couldn’t care less about the rest. Once they all start fitting Pet lounges then those rip off gits on the Eurotunnel will have to put there prices back to where they were pre covid.
And only them shall we return

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
We travelled out with them at the end of August and back at the end of September 2022 and great service both ways. Spotless vessels, good food. We did have passes for the fancy lounge. Have a great holiday.
I had the same experience twice the last 6 months hull to rotterdam...and would recommend them as I like to think some of my money goes toward keeping people in work both in the ships and off the ships in many smaller industries that supply them in and around the ports that they operate.

That's because I'm not so short sighted to think "press ganging" others and forcing my silly and quite incorrect methods and opinions is better for the staff that now work for or supply these companies. Nor is it helpful to any ex staff that took thousands of pounds lay off pay.

Basically I'm not an idiot that just believes newspaper headlines.
Thanks for the info OP.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back