D&G

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Woolavington, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Swift Suntor
Exp
Hi everyone, the good news is the dealer found the cause of the power drain which was the reversing camera drawing something like 1.2ma ?? i'm guessing at that as I can't remember exactly what he said the number was, anyway, he has now connected the camera to the ignition instead. He also tested the battery and reported that it was 'rock solid'.
He also explained how the heating worked to me as when we picked it up there was soo much information some of it went in one ear.................
so all in all, an excellent trip to the dealership

Dave

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Camera bit sounds a tad odd .. 1.2 mA draw would take months to drain a battery !!
Maybe 1.2 amps ? ( which seems a hellova lot for a camera !! )

OP
OP
D&G

D&G

Free Member
Apr 9, 2015
Woolavington, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Swift Suntor
Exp
It's a camera come satnav come stereo type thing, as i say, I can't remember the numbers exactly, I know there was a draw and now it goes via the ignition so it should stop it happening again in the future, fingers crossed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Best way to look for "parasitic" Drain Is to Measure the Current flow between the battery and EARTH (safest).

Pete

Just thought this could be read two ways if the person reading it doesn't know much about electrics. What I think PeteH meant is disconnect the -ve terminal from the battery and measure the current flowing between the -ve battery post and the removed terminal or earth. This will show the parasitic drain.
If you mistake his meaning you might read the current flowing from the +ve battery terminal to earth in which case big flash and cooked meter.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
It's a camera come satnav come stereo type thing, as i say, I can't remember the numbers exactly, I know there was a draw and now it goes via the ignition so it should stop it happening again in the future, fingers crossed
There is usually a constantly connected wire to these modern multi media units, so they keep their settings. So changing to an ignition related wire that may mean your radio etc settings are lost every time you switch off. I disconnect mine for the winter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back