Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good evening everyone,

Just thought I would post a heads up for all Oyster owners about a change that has been made to Astra 2 that may affect your Oyster being able to obtain a satellite lock.
Yesterday the satellite operators turned off the broadcast frequency 11876 H. This frequency is used by a number of different Oyster software variations and, if set as the current search frequency, will no longer allow your Oyster to lock on to Astra 2.
Most Oyster systems will automatically change to the next frequency in the list when it determines this frequency is no longer operational but it will not do this until it has completed a search of its elevation range so could take 15/20 minutes.
After it has made this change it will remember it for the next search that is initialised however, if you are still having problems after this time please post or pm me and I will assist as soon as I can. We are exhibiting at the NEC this week so please bear with me if I do not reply straight away, I will get back to you as soon as possible.
As of Monday the office will be open but you are in urgent need of assistance please contact me via my mobile on 07979745688. If I don’t answer please leave a message and I will return the call as soon as possible.

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
Friends in benicarlo have just had their box returned from germany after an upgrade.Hopefully this won't affect them.
Time will tell.

OP
OP
Anthony OysterTech

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
I’m afraid that all new Vision software currently has this frequency programmed in as a search frequency so the unit will be affected. However, the system will only fail to find the satellite if 11876 is set as the current search transponder. It is not normally set as the default so it should not cause any immediate problems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back