Oyster error LNB (6d) (2 Viewers)

Aug 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1986
Hi, just wondering if anyone can help us out with this error. The dish doesn't lift. If anyone has had the same problem and sorted it maybe you could let us know what you did. Thanks

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
HI there,

Could you tell me what specific model of Oyster you have please?
The code looks like it's from a Vision III system however the coaxial cable does not go through any of the electronics of the system so should not prevent the dish from raising.
Only on an Oyster V can the coax prevent a system from moving.
If you are struggling to find the exact model then I can also help if you can provide me with the 10 digit serial number from either the roof unit (silver sticker on the flatter end) or the brain unit (silver sticker on the hideaway unit).

OP
OP
B
Aug 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1986
Thanks for your reply. It's a Vision III We'll look at the roof unit tomorrow when we get a ladder. The hideaway unit must be well hidden because we and the Spanish motor home dealer couldn't find it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good morning,

I sent your error code to the head office in Germany but they say that code doesn’t exist however there is one that says (ED).
This error is a cable short which means that there is somewhere in either the cable, the LNB or the brain unit where the live and the earth are shorting.
Usually this points to a connector but I’m afraid without seeing the unit it’s difficult to diagnose.

OP
OP
B
Aug 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1986
Thanks again Anthony. Just looked again and it definitely said 6d but when we tried again it said (ed) so that means a cable short. We'll check for any loose wires but if we can't sort it we'll contact you on our way back to England. We really appreciate that you've gone out of your way to help us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back