LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
Im in the process of getting a satellite system for the van. I have settled on the Oyster Cytrac coupled with the Avtex tv.
Has anyone got any pro’s or con’s to this system?
The reviews for both look promising.

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Got both also. The problem with my Cytrac has been the powder coating breaking down on the arms and coming off leaving exposed alloy which can/has corroded. That said I am on my second dish awaiting my third replacement in three years. Oyster have been very good replacing them all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dan and Jan

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
Got both also. The problem with my Cytrac has been the powder coating breaking down on the arms and coming off leaving exposed alloy which can/has corroded. That said I am on my second dish awaiting my third replacement in three years. Oyster have been very good replacing them all.
Good back up from Oyster then? Good to know.

Nov 7, 2015
Newport, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
since 2015 previously caravaning 25 years
Got both although ours is the similar Oyster Caro version, very happy with both and would buy again without hesitation

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
I'm not a fan of Avtex TVs. I have 2 in my van, a 26" and 32" in my opinion they lack technology and are not the best HD pictures and at the current prices are very over priced. It gets difficult when trying to resource a 12volt 32 inch TV but anything smaller is readily available in better looking sets with better picture quality and more advanced features.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back