Overnighting at eurotunnel Calais (1 Viewer)

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
It's that time of year, Jumbo has had a good scrub down and our snag list from last yr is now completed. We've just got to find a good place to get a Fiamma and Rhino roof rack and then it's June and we're off to wonderful France.

Just a quickie, are we still able to overnight in the car park at Dover? We'll be arriving about 1 in the morning for the 0600 train ?

Thanks muchos :D :france::wine:

Last edited:
OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
The heading and the post don't seem to be about the same thing. The header says Calais and eurotunnel whereas the post says Dover, presumably the ferry.
Oh for goodness sake, I must have been giddy with excitement lol. It's cos I was about to book the outward journey doh !! It was meant to read Dover, eurotunnel. I can't edit it for some reason either. I'll have to do a new post. Sorry and thanx :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Eurotunnel isn't at Dover, but I expect you knew that really.

As far as I know you cannot overnight in the car park, sometimes they are even strict on the 'no more than 2 hours before' rule, but usually only at peak times. You can overnight at the Canterbury services just before the tunnel though. I have never stopped there as I don't live far from the tunnel, but it has had mixed reviews.

If possible I would recommend getting straight over to France, at night if they're not busy they will let you on an earlier train, and then overnighting in an aire there, many more to choose from.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back