Overnight somewhere near A14 Peterborough/Cambridge area

Jun 23, 2013
Teesside
MH
TEC RoTec Lift 652G
Exp
third year but been camping for 25+ years
We're off on our European tour later in the week and I've managed to wangle an extra half day off work, so rather than getting straight down to Dover, we thought we might go half way and have less to travel the next. So we're leaving Teesside and looking for somewhere about half way, which by my reckoning is about the area contained in the thread title. Any suggestions?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
MH
Self Build Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
You could stay at either the Peterborough Services on the A1 or the Cambridge Services on the A14 but it will cost you £22 at either one.
If you are a member of either the Camping Club or Caravan Club have a look for a CL or CS site just off the road.

Mike

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
MH
Self Build Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
There is also Lyndon Top which overlooks Rutland Water, a few miles of the A1 but only £7 a night. No facilities but just big fields.

Mike

Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Word of warning the A14 is a major trunk for containers in & out of felixstow docks & dependant on freight movements you can find a hell of a lot of trucks parked up along that route, I have found it impossible at times to find a laybye in which to pull in & have a tacho break.

OP
chopper602
Jun 23, 2013
Teesside
MH
TEC RoTec Lift 652G
Exp
third year but been camping for 25+ years
I think I've found somewhere. A site where I've been to some car club events on the outskirts of St. Ives appears to be a campsite all year round. Burleigh Hill farm, so will probably give them a call tomorrow.
Cheers for the suggestions

Minxy Girl

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 1996
I've sent you a PM with details of where we 'wildcamp' just a stone's throw off the A14 around where you want to be ... :D

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services