Overnight Parking At Bilbao (2 Viewers)

Jun 24, 2019
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer 504i A Class
Exp
Since 2016 & 20+ shed dragger
Anyone have recent experience of being able to park in a motorhome overnight at the port in Bilbao?

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Looking at this post with interest, I have been looking at aires today for my trip home next month, always good to get info from people who have used spots

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Not recently but we always arrived at Bilbao the previous afternoon and managed to book in and proceed to final vehicle park. Internet was on and toilets open.Cafe used to open about 0630.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008
Not stayed at the port but this hostel has motorhome facilities (EHU), you can use the hostel for showers, breakfast, television etc. it is walkable into the city or a bus stop 200m away.

OP
OP
TeamBandS
Jun 24, 2019
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer 504i A Class
Exp
Since 2016 & 20+ shed dragger
Having just returned from Spain via Bilbao I thought I would answer my own question.

Overnight parking was available in the booking lanes. About 25 vans there from mid afternoon the day before sailing. ROOM FOR MANY MORE. Very little noise after 7pm but a train did slowly pass the area slowly about 6am. This area is inside the port area and security car was seen thought out the evening but not sure about over night. Felt a safe place to stop.
The check in boxes opened just after 8am and we moved to the next holding area. There is a small cafe which opens early (6am?) that has coffee and snacks and is super clean. There is also a toilet and sink area, which contra to the Ferry web site, was open all night and accessible from the pre check in overnight area. Super clean again. Finally, there is a garage just outside the port entrance with the cheapest diesel I have seen in Spain - Euro 115 lt from memory. Oh, the port area is very well signed off the A8/AP8.

Hope this helps first time Bilbao users.

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Having just returned from Spain via Bilbao I thought I would answer my own question.

Overnight parking was available in the booking lanes. About 25 vans there from mid afternoon the day before sailing. ROOM FOR MANY MORE. Very little noise after 7pm but a train did slowly pass the area slowly about 6am. This area is inside the port area and security car was seen thought out the evening but not sure about over night. Felt a safe place to stop.
The check in boxes opened just after 8am and we moved to the next holding area. There is a small cafe which opens early (6am?) that has coffee and snacks and is super clean. There is also a toilet and sink area, which contra to the Ferry web site, was open all night and accessible from the pre check in overnight area. Super clean again. Finally, there is a garage just outside the port entrance with the cheapest diesel I have seen in Spain - Euro 115 lt from memory. Oh, the port area is very well signed off the A8/AP8.

Hope this helps first time Bilbao users.
I,m heading to Bilbao on Saturday , first time using it ,very helpful post thanks.
Cheers Cris 🍻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back