Aug 2, 2018
Shepperton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
30 years toodling around the UK
Hi Everyone ,
Can someone answer this - we camp in the New Forest campsites, I got a price for my Apache for 2 nights £46.35. Just out of curiosity I checked out the price for a tent + car (putting same size tent as my camper) and lo and behold £19.55. for 2 nights Why is this when they take up more room,use the facilities more and in my experience leave more mess. Is is because if we can afford a motorhome we should be taxed?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Hi Everyone ,
Can someone answer this - we camp in the New Forest campsites, I got a price for my Apache for 2 nights £46.35. Just out of curiosity I checked out the price for a tent + car (putting same size tent as my camper) and lo and behold £19.55. for 2 nights Why is this when they take up more room,use the facilities more and in my experience leave more mess. Is is because if we can afford a motorhome we should be taxed?
Yes probably, ask them when you go. Or email them?

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Supply and demand. Camping is meant to be cheap. If someone has spent many thousands on a M H we become a target

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Last weekend - 4 nights camping with Motorhome fun...
Free BBQ.
Entertainment every night.

£35 all in.... Who needs a campsite..

oh. and followed by 2 nights in York with Caravan and camping £16.. (y)

So my answer is NO, you dont always get charged extra for a motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We had an enjoyable 3 days at Jasmin Camping .. https://jasmincamping.com £30 without electric. Just a pity that the grass area is a bit devoid of grass after someone took a plough to it. Work in progress as they say.

What really made us laugh though was you could see the CMC site next door at £84 for 3 nights. Ok they have showers etc but so do we.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Why the fixation with what other people pay?
As long as you're happy with what you paid for what you got.

My goodness, you're in for a world of pain if you worry about price differentials... transport tickets, go up & down like a whore's drawers! Fuel, Supermarkets charge different prices depending on locality... even Amazon's prices fluctuate from day to day.

Anyway - apples & pears - can't compare a tent/caravan & car with a motorhome... why, for one reason, as GJH is fond of saying, the cost of constructing a pitch for a heavy motorhome will be a lot more than for a lightweight tent or caravan...

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi George and Welcome....you will fit in well (y)

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Hi Everyone ,
Which site was this? You have to ensure that you are comparing like for like. Was the motorhome on a hardstanding pitch / Fully serviced pitch / inc EHU and was the tent on a grass pitch and nothing else. I only use the "Camping in the Forest" sites if I use any at all and these are all the same price for all units, but then you have extras to pay for like EHU, gazebo and extra car etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back