Outsmart the thief Alarm issue! (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Its around the size of a small usb stick and has 2 tiny pins on the end.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
9858F200-992E-4B20-A6AF-9A787FD4A80A.jpeg
4BDCD47F-4F62-42A5-8783-6886123A67F3.jpeg

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Hi All
Thanks again. I have now received the operating instructions from OSTT which are specific to my van. I have not changed the batteries yet but i believe they may be suspect. Will get them ordered. Also I have a red LED thingy which is attached to the steering column, but I don't have anything with my keys which will fit into it. Could someone send me a pic of what it looks like. Do you think I need to buy this item from OSTT.
regards
Here's the "key"

Edit : Landyandy beat me to it.?

IMG_0972.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
As said by others, it could be the battery in the fob or door contacts. I was experiencing similar problems, and was advised by OSTT to change the batteries, but make sure I didn't get the cheap foreign imports, but good quality ones with long life left on them. The biggest problem was fitting the new battery in the fob, for the life of me I couldn't see how to open the fob, use a very sharp knife in the seam. take a photo so you remember which way the new batteries go in.
This resolved the problem for me.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Having now thought about it if the OP is managing to set alarm it cant be the battery. Maybe just human error? Has Jugster tried the alarm again now that he has instructions?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi All
Thanks again. I have now received the operating instructions from OSTT which are specific to my van. I have not changed the batteries yet but i believe they may be suspect. Will get them ordered. Also I have a red LED thingy which is attached to the steering column, but I don't have anything with my keys which will fit into it. Could someone send me a pic of what it looks like. Do you think I need to buy this item from OSTT.
regards
Mine has a small red led near the steering column which flashes slowly. This is an indication the unit has a connection with the phone system. The same thing has two contacts into which a special key fits. I've never used this but I seem to recall it is for disactivating the system.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Also talk to Carl about the app. Unless it’s already been discussed with him.

incase you don’t know.
From the app you can locate where your vehicle is and see what setting the alarm and immobiliser is in. You can also alter the settings from it, should you not have the remote. The part that I like is, that you can also set lockdown from the app, so that even if someone steals your keys and alarm remotes they can‘t turn off the alarm system, or override the immobiliser, so won’t be able to start the vehicle.

OP
OP
Jugster
Jan 29, 2020
Evesham, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer 694SL
Exp
3 years
Once again, Thanks to you all, Im so glad I joined! And the jokes keep my spirits up even if I can't sit in my van at the moment!!

I will fit new batteries to the remotes, first try that. Yes I have tried the fob again but my indicators do not flash? So I will see if they flash once I have changed the batteries. I am very grateful to all your advice, keep it coming.
Best wishes

stay safe

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Incidentally, when you press the remote to set the alarm, does the little green light on the fob flash? According to the manual, when the batteries are low, the green led will flash when the button is pressed to warn of low batteries.

OP
OP
Jugster
Jan 29, 2020
Evesham, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer 694SL
Exp
3 years
No it doesn't flash, it is solid, but is not very bright, so I am changing the batteries to eliminate this! Thanks. According to Carl, I should change all of the batteries in the door contacts and Pirs as well as a start point.

I will do this, then if that fails I will be on the road to your part of the world (lol)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
See page 3 of the manual when you have new batteries.
IMG_0974.PNG

OP
OP
Jugster
Jan 29, 2020
Evesham, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer 694SL
Exp
3 years
Hi All

Update,Update,Update!

I've just replaced the batteries in the Alarm fobs and guess what, all is good and the alarm is now locking and unlocking and the indicators are flashing and doing what they should do (phew!).

Odd really as the manual says that if the batteries in the fob are low that the green light on the Fob will flash? This was not the case and the Green light just lit up albeit rather dimly. I can only presume that the batteries were right at the end of their life before the blinking phase, but with insufficient power to actuate the alarm.

One to remember me thinks. Incidentally I removed Chinese type old batteries and replaced with fresh Duracell.

Many thanks to all of you for your advice and assistance, particularly with photos and sending me the manual. Now I'm off to tell Carl!!!!!!!

regards

Stay Safe, see you at the end of the lockdown somewhere with a glass of wine and a sunset!

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks for posting the update. Really pleased it's sorted. ?

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Well done, sounds as though you're all sorted now. don't be like me and keep forgetting to unset the alarm before opening the hab door....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back