Outsmart the thief Alarm issue! (1 Viewer)

Jan 29, 2020
Evesham, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer 694SL
Exp
3 years
Hi
I have just bought a hymer 694sl from Travelworld. The van has the above alarm. No operating instructions were handed over by Travelworld and I am confused as to how this alarm works.

I have the round remote with the two buttons. There is also a small red led stuck on the steering column. The van has a habitation door and one cab door on the passengers side. Right hand drive. There are door contacts and pir's also.

I am not sure which alarm model this is, but I would like some help in understanding how to arm and disarm this device. Any assistance gratefully received, my neighbours are getting fed up with alarm sounding and I do not know how to switch off or set! Thanks, getting a bit nervous about entering the van unless I set it off again (lol)

OP
OP
Jugster
Jan 29, 2020
Evesham, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer 694SL
Exp
3 years
Yes, but as expected, they are not available at the moment. I understand they are very helpful. I have emailed but not sure when I will get a reply!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Yes, but as expected, they are not available at the moment. I understand they are very helpful. I have emailed but not sure when I will get a reply!
Did you try Carl's mobile numbers? Or was there a message saying unavailable?
Normally very good at answering the phone (even at all hours of the morning :whistle2:).

mickthebrick

Banned
Mar 16, 2010
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2008
An alarm system that relies on one bloke being able to answer the phone 24/7/365 seems a bit daft to me

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
An alarm system that relies on one bloke being able to answer the phone 24/7/365 seems a bit daft to me

Never had to wait more than half a dozen rings to get an answer or 20 seconds (or so) to get a call for alarm activated in the past 5\6 years.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
In the absence of Outsmart the Thief, it may be useful if you put up some photos of the remote fob and maybe we can identify the alarm and how to operate it. Carl came out to sort out our alarm some time ago, being of a type he then supplied although he hadn't fitted it. In our case it was a Gemini 7590-T2. Attached is a photo of our fob. If yours is the same I can send you the instructions.
IMG_0971.JPG

OP
OP
Jugster
Jan 29, 2020
Evesham, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer 694SL
Exp
3 years
I'll give him a call and let you know how I get on. Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
Jugster
Jan 29, 2020
Evesham, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer 694SL
Exp
3 years
Hi
Ive just seen the fob, yes thats the same as mine. Some instructions would be great, thanks

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi
Ive just seen the fob, yes thats the same as mine. Some instructions would be great, thanks
Ours is the same however we also have a "small key" type thing that goes with it.
On ours you press the knobbly button on the remote whilst pointing it at where the alarm has been installed. The green light on the remote should light up whilst doing this.
Our indicators flash twice to show armed. Press the same button again and our indicators flash three times to show disarmed.
What the other button is for ??????
The red led will probably have a couple of holes beside it and that's where the "small key" pushes into but you never do that unless instructed to do so by Carl.
What it does?????

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Ours is the same however we also have a "small key" type thing that goes with it.
On ours you press the knobbly button on the remote whilst pointing it at where the alarm has been installed. The green light on the remote should light up whilst doing this.
Our indicators flash twice to show armed. Press the same button again and our indicators flash three times to show disarmed.
What the other button is for ??????
The red led will probably have a couple of holes beside it and that's where the "small key" pushes into but you never do that unless instructed to do so by Carl.
What it does?????
The other button (the lower one) is to allow for the alarm to be set whilst you're in the van so you can move about in the van. Intended for night time use. So you set the alarm by pressing the top button and within 25 seconds, press the lower button once. This means the alarm is set so someone from outside tries your door it'll go off but allows you to move about in the van without triggering the alarm.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks everyone for your very quick response and help. I have now phoned Carl at OSTT and as mentioned he was very helpful too. I would appreciate the manual, but unsure as to private mail u my email address?

Click on his name and then start a conversation (y)

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Any other issues you can also message me if required as I have the same alarm fitted, and working in mine.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Lock the MH then press the top button once. The indicators should flash twice. To disarm press the button again and the lights should flash three times. The number of flashes is a reminder what it's doing, ON has two letters and OFF three. As already mentioned the other button is for use at night or if leaving a pet in the MH. After arming the system press this button once although you can press it twice to make sure it switches to pet mode. A second press makes no difference. To disarm in pet mode you just press the top button as normal and wait for the three flashes.

The main reason the alarm goes off accidentally is unlocking the MH before disarming the system. I still do this from time to time. :)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
The other button (the lower one) is to allow for the alarm to be set whilst you're in the van so you can move about in the van. Intended for night time use. So you set the alarm by pressing the top button and within 25 seconds, press the lower button once. This means the alarm is set so someone from outside tries your door it'll go off but allows you to move about in the van without triggering the alarm.
If you want the manual, just let me know. Hours of fun trying to understand the worst manual ever written. Probably.?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If you want the manual, just let me know. Hours of fun trying to understand the worst manual ever written. Probably.?
Why don't you stick it up in the "Resources" section so we can all slag off Carl about it! :whistle2: ;):whistle2:

OP
OP
Jugster
Jan 29, 2020
Evesham, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer 694SL
Exp
3 years
Hi All
Just an update. I have tried everything and called OSTT, but I believe there is an issue with the alarm as when I press the dimpled alarm button, the indicators do NOT flash! Nothing. So I'm going to wait until we are able to get back out there and travel to York where OSTT have said they will fix the issue at a very reasonable cost. (That is if I can start the thing!!) lol)
stay safe
kind regards

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Simple thing-are you sure the battery in the fob is ok?
Also, have you tried re-setting the alarm by using the lttle key in the red led thingy?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I’m sure Carl would email you the instructions if you asked him. Once you have it working , The easy way I remember On and Off are ...The word ON has 2 letters so flashes twice to arm alarm, the word Off has 3 letters and flashes 3 times to disarm. I agree with Ingwe try changing the fob battery or holding button in a second longer.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I’m sure Carl would email you the instructions if you asked him. Once you have it working , The easy way I remember On and Off are ...The word ON has 2 letters so flashes twice to arm alarm, the word Off has 3 letters and flashes 3 times to disarm. I agree with Ingwe try changing the fob battery or holding button in a second longer.
I've sent the OP the manual by email.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi All
Just an update. I have tried everything and called OSTT, but I believe there is an issue with the alarm as when I press the dimpled alarm button, the indicators do NOT flash! Nothing. So I'm going to wait until we are able to get back out there and travel to York where OSTT have said they will fix the issue at a very reasonable cost. (That is if I can start the thing!!) lol)
stay safe
kind regards
Certainly sounds faulty.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Now who's a clever cookie!(y):clap2:
My problem now will be SET has 3 letters and UNSET has 5.:doh:

OP
OP
Jugster
Jan 29, 2020
Evesham, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer 694SL
Exp
3 years
Hi All
Thanks again. I have now received the operating instructions from OSTT which are specific to my van. I have not changed the batteries yet but i believe they may be suspect. Will get them ordered. Also I have a red LED thingy which is attached to the steering column, but I don't have anything with my keys which will fit into it. Could someone send me a pic of what it looks like. Do you think I need to buy this item from OSTT.
regards

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
That is for a dongle doofa thing. It’s about 30mm long and 12mm diameter. Mine is hidden away currently, as it overrides the system.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back