LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I will be sharing the things that I would have been doing on my holiday, I have cancelled my leave as needed at work and waste of time taking leave atm.

Tonight, I am on nights and I leave half way through night shift tomorrow (about midnight) and will write in the style as if I am on that holiday

As usual I will be checking the weather to see which direction we will be going in and although we have plans, none that wont change regularly.

I will post photos if we have been there before and use google photos/videos otherwise.

Woken up early and had a couple of coffees already. Wife (Paula) still asleep and not expecting her to rise anytime within the next couple of hours. She will be spending the day with the grumpchildren of 2 daughters who she is just going to have to use the internet to stay in contact with for 20 days of motorhome break. I m 54 and she is 53 I think or maybe 52, yep 52 and getting close to 53
My job today is to load the van with all the non essential stuff. Essential stuff is passports and credit card. Everything else can be replaced.
The motorhome is 3 year old rollerteam 690 which is 6 berth and garage weighted at 4,100 kgs and has a garage for a 110 cc suzuki address with double top box (photos will be of single top box) we dont have a dog.
Paula has already cleaned the inside and I have washed and waxed the outside. I am still considering the benefits of putting cellophane on the front of the Luton as we intend to travel 3-400 miles in the first day. Either past Luxembourg or to Sully or somewhere around Limoges. These decisions will be made tomorrow, and possibly change on the tunnel (we have done that before!)
The van, which we have named Vanessa, already has full diesel which i bought at £1.20 about a month ago and full gas at 75p just in readiness for a long journey. We will be travelling with a minimal amount of water but have 25 litres of drinking water. I m going down later to get a 24 pack of draught Guiness, mainly because, I can (sic)
The tunnel is about an hour and a half away on the open roads of the M25 at midnight, as I can leave very early as work owe me a few hours for having to turn up at meetings on my days off.
The saxophone I am unsuccesfully learning is staying at home.
www.ventusky.com is our weather forecast site as it gives us a 10 day forecast.
Hopefully it will be very Q at work as students are still away on Easter break and we ill be using data to keep up with Killing Eve once a week, otherwise the only data I use is for here, facebook chatting to family and keeping up with the news. We tend not to watch telly but i have a supply of cryptic crossword books and paula reads books that i have no knowledge about. Probably Barbara Cartland.
We bought one of those electric scooters last year and love it. So we will be buying another one as soon as we see exactly the same model. About £160 last year so hopefully less this year. No pushbikes.
Right, another cup of coffee and I will work up the enthusiasm to load the motorbike into the garage and I think a hair cut later with grade 2 clippers and no styling.
I ll let you know how i get on with loading the van later on tonight if i get a break at work

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Finished all the loading yesterday and went to work in the full satisfaction that everything is packed bar the fridge and passports. Paula got busy and ensured the tins and ketchup type items were up to scratch and even managed to get that 24 pack of Guinness.
It was a Q night at work and the intention tonight is to catch the 0245 tunnel train so will be leaving about midnight and making a final final decision on where we are heading and which direction we go in whilst travelling. It is looking very much likely to the Verscors region to the right of Lyon and before the Alps and we will either head off through Luxembourg and the Juras or straight down passing Lac de Der. Whichever way we go we will come back the other way. Hopefully I ll get another couple of hours kip after a healthy lunch which normally sends me off.
We have options whichever way we go as to where to stay half hour from Calais so will just kip down and travel on after we wake up

OP
OP
suavecarve

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
So it was all quiet on the western front tonight and the wife had given the van a last wash during the day
motorhome1.jpg
whilst i caught up on some kip. Luckily managed a couple of hours in the afternoon and woke up at 1630 hrs. Left home at 1745 hrs and got to work where i left the wife in the car park.
I got a pizza (extra large one) and we sat and had an evening meal round the lake
motorhome3.jpg

where social distancing was being observed. I have the unenviable task of having to go for a walk round here on sunny days and pretend I am busy.
Work was Q so we left at about midnight and had an easy journey up the A3 round the M25 and off to to the tunnel.
motorhome2.jpg

Unusually for us we got there just in time for the train and went straight on and came out the other side and we had decided to go left and head towards Luxembourg for some cheap fuel.
We have pulled over at Bergues for the night and may have a pop round in the morning and take a few piccies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back