Our Portuguese Hymer Holiday Tour (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Well Jhorsf...you Don't how true this is..or maybe you do.....at Calais port we always know when a BRIT has landed......the motorhome pulls up AND OUT THEY RUN ONTO THE CAR PARK......Holding there I-Pad to the heavens..some have pink wallets.....No not for inspiration:Eeek:.....A SIGNAL:Doh:...there thinking is we are close to the UK... we should get a signal ...and not be charged roaming chargers......then after 10mins on the I-Pad back in its wallet it goes....out come two deckchairs... two Kindles....and then they sit with a glass of wine..for the rest of the day/evening...they have no need to speak or have Brit plates....to know there origin:Doh::winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Doh::winky::

Last edited:

gawatt

Free Member
Mar 25, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
In the first!
Sounds idyllic! Have really enjoyed reading about your travels. Very jealous back here. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Well Jhorsf...you Don't how true this is..or maybe you do.....at Calais port we always know when a BRIT has landed......the motorhome pulls up AND OUT THEY RUN ONTO THE CAR PARK......Holding there I-Pad to the heavens..some have pink wallets.....No not for inspiration:Eeek:.....A SIGNAL:Doh:...there thinking is we are close to the UK... we should get a signal ...and not be charged roaming chargers......then after 10mins on the I-Pad back in its wallet it goes....out come two deckchairs... two Kindles....and then they sit with a glass of wine..for the rest of the day/evening...they have no need to speak or have Brit plates....to know there origin:Doh::winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Doh::winky::

Well they would of got that wrong then Mel, infact it is quite often a french signal that i have picked up at Dover when waiting to board the ferry, uk signal strengths seem to be very down-tuned

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My head hurts because we have just done our holiday accounts... (I have not been charged for the net curtain repairs!)

We will post these in due course but before we go for our last holiday lunch I want to show the views around us this morning. Quite frankly I have yet to find similar views at a campsite.

Oh, and the owner of the restaurant (which you can see in one photo) loves us and the other "off-site" campers for the business they bring him...

JJ :Cool:

Attachments

• Alcacer 2nd Visit 1.jpg
    Alcacer 2nd Visit 1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Alcacer 2nd Visit 2.jpg
    Alcacer 2nd Visit 2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 82
  • Alcacer 2nd Visit 3.jpg
    Alcacer 2nd Visit 3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Alcacer 2nd Visit 4.jpg
    Alcacer 2nd Visit 4.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Alcacer 2nd Visit 5.jpg
    Alcacer 2nd Visit 5.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 79
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Well they would of got that wrong then Mel, infact it is quite often a french signal that i have picked up at Dover when waiting to board the ferry, uk signal strengths seem to be very down-tuned

I saw something on the news about this a couple of months ago.

someone received a call just after they got onto the Ferry. Thinking they were still in port in England they wouldn't have roaming charges.

They got a nasty bill when they got home. They had inadvertently used the ships own cell which is operated by France. So even though they were in the UK they got charged roaming fees. I can't remember much more detail sorry.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Account details that just might be of interest to potential visitors to Portugal.

Our holiday started and finishes (tonight) at Lisbon airport.

We have visited (among other places) Pego do Altar Barragem, Alcacer do Sal, Largoa de St Andre, Figueira Da Foz, Quinta Majay (Pinheiro Bordalo), Pont do Sor, Evora, Mina de Sao Domingos, Castro Marim, Cabanas de Tavira, Portimao, The Chicken Run near Lagos and Silves.

Travelled approx 1800 kilometres.

We have had 21 nights (7 on "sites")

Diesel... €281.28

Gas... €19.83

Supermarkets... €145.82

Eating out... €378.00

"Site" Fees... €63.70

Attachments

• Alcacer Frankie Picture.jpg
    Alcacer Frankie Picture.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Thanks for that information Frankie and JJ you have certainly wet our appetite for a visit to Portugal this winter

Enjoy your flight Frankie

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
your holiday blog

I have enjoyed reading about and seeing the pictures of your holiday around Portugul - We will certainly be visiting that part of Europe.
Have a safe trip home:thumb:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Love this picture. :Smile:

Gill

Attachments

• Alcacer Frankie Picture.jpg
    Alcacer Frankie Picture.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 121

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Hi JJ
Lasst year when we visited Portugal we visited Alcacer do Sal and stayed for 3/4 days at Pego do Alta. Water was very high so that there was no lower area for camping. We also visited Santa Susanna and the parking place there only because of the high water table there was NO parking.

We spent a fabulous 5 weeks travelling through Portugal and hope that this year we will be travelling with Smudger and hope to meet you in person.

thanks for a very interesting post and look forward to hearing more of your travel tales.

Regards Brian and Chris

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
:cry-smile::cry-smile::cry-smile::cry-smile::cry-smile: So sad............................... but enjoyed the fun on the way.

Norman

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Well....That's it .... arrived at home at 10.15 french time ..... straight back to work!

It's very hot outside , and quite cool inside., but no lake in sight :Sad: and no JJ to swim with:Sad:...

But hey .....the 3 weeks were really nice and adventurous .... the 2 last days and nights were paradise...

If you're still hesitating to do that tour JJ talked about (mainly because off site).... well don't anymore ! You can do off site without being in danger or in special need.... without any damage at all to the nature . Just be sensible and respectfull. Keep your bin with you till you find the usual place to dump them...the big bin. Plenty of places for fresh water! and .... Oh yes ... forget about TV ! Come on!.... hols are meant to do something else than what you do each day at home!! If I can forget about my hair dryer you certainly can forget about TV Have walks , dips, a good book .... and ....you're allowed a bit of FUN(only site allowed LOL)::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Amicalement

Frankie:Cool::Cool:

Last edited:

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Thanks for sharing your trip.

It looked lovely and cant believe how deserted everywhere seemed considering it was August.

I wish you both many more travels to come.

:thanks2:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
But Frankie read JJ's last post on another thread, we cannot go Portugal now the old bugger has emptied his loo in the drinking water reservoir.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Well....That's it .... arrived at home at 10.15 french time ..... straight back to work!

It's very hot outside , and quite cool inside., but no lake in sight :Sad: and no JJ to swim with:Sad:...

But hey .....the 3 weeks were really nice and adventurous .... the 2 last days and nights were paradise...

If you're still hesitating to do that tour JJ talked about (mainly because off site).... well don't anymore ! You can do off site without being in danger or in special need.... without any damage at all to the nature . Just be sensible and respectfull. Keep your bin with you till you find the usual place to dump them...the big bin. Plenty of places for fresh water! and .... Oh yes ... forget about TV ! Come on!.... hols are meant to do something else than what you do each day at home!! If I can forget about my hair dryer you certainly can forget about TV Have walks , dips, a good book .... and ....you're allowed a bit of FUN(only site allowed LOL)::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Amicalement

Frankie:Cool::Cool:

We didn't notice:RollEyes: did we folks? :Cool:

Thanks for sharing your hols guys, its been very interesting and informative:thumb: and like the Olympic's I'm gonna miss it:thumb: and I think the Portuguese gov should pay for your trip as I think there are going to be quite a few more tourists in the next couple of years:winky:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
We didn't notice:RollEyes: did we folks? :Cool:

Thanks for sharing your hols guys, its been very interesting and informative:thumb: and like the Olympic's I'm gonna miss it:thumb: and [HI]I think the Portuguese gov should pay for your trip [/HI]as I think there are going to be quite a few more tourists in the next couple of years:winky:

Sadly you and I have more money than the Portuguese government... :Sad: :Sad:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Glad you n Frankie had a great holiday.. time always goes quickly when you are enjoying yourselves x

We have both enjoyed your diary of your travels which has made us want to visit Portugal soon x

Wont be long before you are reunited again with Frankie xx

John n Kath x

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
To JJ

You probably (nah...certainly) remember the little tune I used to say "I want an ice cream , I want an ice cream" .... I changed the words ! .... I want the album:whistle: You know which album I am talking about (NOOOO not the curtains one:RollEyes: ... cheeky!) .... You said you'd do it .... may be you can before too much work ??! Never mind if you can't this week , but think about it next week ok? :thanks2:

:hug::smalllove:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back