Our Christmas present from us, to us.... (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Stunning.
May I ask with whom you insure and how much that is?

asking for a friend 😉
We have something very similar and insure with NFU who were great for us but they don't suit everybody as they seem to be quite picky who they cover both risk and geography. A price would only confuse the issue as it could be anywhere from a few hundred to a couple of thousand or more.

Martin

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes of course they come to the UK but I am not convinced they would make RHD models just for us as many want and can register LHD, where NZ you can not import LHD unless they are on a list of specially approved vehicles.

Yes but I didn't want anyone thinking that if they ONLY would drive RHD that a Morelo is totally off the list as it may not be with certain models.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes but I didn't want anyone thinking that if they ONLY would drive RHD that a Morelo is totally off the list as it may not be with certain models.
OK fair point (y) so just for the record the RHD Home and Loft models are a complete mirror of LHD so the hab door is on the opposite side as is the steering wheel kitchen etc etc, looks strange seeing one without a door where it "should be".

Apr 30, 2020
Hartpury, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 796
Exp
Fairplay TheAleMan that really is a palace. Just look at that throne room. No tucking your knees under your chin in there!
I do hope that you have been practicing your regal wave as you pass us by?
Really beautiful machine. If I wasn’t feeling green this morning after yesterday’s (drinking) efforts, then I am ever so slightly now.
Looks like it’s going to be a great new year fella 👍

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Very nice, did it come wrapped🙂

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
have you got plans for what goes in the garage?
No, not at the moment, we haven’t had time to think since we’ve been back. Just slowly transferring all our stuff from our Burstner into the new one. We have not got a scooter any more, nor do we have push bikes at the moment, although that Could change. We Have a storage facility nearby, so things like kayaks etc can be loaded as and when needed, don’t want to create a mess in there if I can help it.🙄😁

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Both the Home and Loft have a fully mirrored RH drive option, primarily for the New Zealand market is my understanding as they are not allowed to sell new vehicles LHD.

In Poland they could sell a RHD model then the government could take their VAT and 18.4% 'Excise Tax' (not 'import tax') but then you could not register it!

Geoff

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
In Poland they could sell a RHD model then the government could take their VAT and 18.4% 'Excise Tax' (not 'import tax') but then you could not register it!

Geoff
Would that be taxed differently to a LHD van Geoff ?

OP
OP
TheAleMan
Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Jen is still upset that she didn't get a Red bow, didn't get flowers either blaming Covid But we did get an old bottle of Dom Perignon ;) it slipped down OK.
We got a full tank ‘120 L’ LPG, full tank of diesel (200 L), no charge on campsite for 2 nights (whoopy doo) 😃, and the dealer bought us a take away diner delivered to the van. Strict lockdown in Germany at the mo...all we had near us was a Macky d’s, which up until last week I’d not had for about 18 years, and it jogged my memory as to why...horrible stuff.🤮🤮

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We got a full tank ‘120 L’ LPG, full tank of diesel (200 L), no charge on campsite for 2 nights (whoopy doo) 😃, and the dealer bought us a take away diner delivered to the van. Strict lockdown in Germany at the mo...all we had near us was a Macky d’s, which up until last week I’d not had for about 18 years, and it jogged my memory as to why...horrible stuff.🤮🤮
Oh yes we got the gas and Diesel tanks full as well but you/we paid for that in the delivery/collection price ;) played a blinder having the 200l tank over 90l though.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I wonder if you would get that service buying in UK, doubt it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back