our Alko air suspension is leaking need someone to look at it (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We have a leak on the alko airsuspension. have spent most of the day phoning round but no one is willing to look at it. we have been told spares come direct from alko, fair enough, but we dont know where the fault lies.
Sensible suggestions please.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
How quickly does it go down? And do you have a pump on it or just inflation points?

Martin

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
How quickly does it go down? And do you have a pump on it or just inflation points?

Martin
We pump it up to the required amount, takes about 3 weeks to go from 3 bar to 1/2 bar.
Download a diagram to help you trace the fault.
would if I could find one can you point me in the right direction?

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Do al-ko do air suspension? Or is it after market?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
I would say alko but no doubt you have tried that so try alko tec and go to their brochure download that might help.good luck

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So it’s not a big leak and could take more finding than if it was bigger, somebody needs to do a bit of crawling around underneath with some soapy water.

Life would be easier if you had an electric pump fitted.

Martin

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
We have a leak on the alko airsuspension. have spent most of the day phoning round but no one is willing to look at it. we have been told spares come direct from alko, fair enough, but we dont know where the fault lies.
Sensible suggestions please.
Do you have just the one fill point for all four corners? I had a Frankia with Alko air suspension; it had separate lines for each corner, FOS, ROS, etc. which would help to isolate the fault. We had a leak on one air bag, which turned into a hole that the automatic pump couldn't keep up with, so we broke down. :(

I believe the original fault was due to the van standing for some time with the suspension depressurised, causing a crease in the air bag. The manual says to pump up the suspension frequently if the vehicle is not used for a while.

I would start looking at the air bags before the rest of the system. The bad news is that there is considerable lead time to getting new bags. The good news is that changing the bags is easy (I did mine on a camp site to make repairs).

If you'd like more detailed information please ask. Good luck.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Washing up liquid and a paint brush. Find the leak and hopefully nip the joint up.

But dropping pressure over three weeks is not the end of the world just a minor issue.

I would just pump it up every now and then and just enjoy the motorhome/holiday. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotzsue
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
Well guess it will be me under the van with a soapy brush, not a big deal for a month or so as we are not taking the bike with us. Only have the air suspension at the back and not sure whether their is a fill point at both sides. guess this has been a 'blue' job up till now.
Thank you all for your offers of help and advice, will pass the information on to John, when i pick him up from his Wednesday night session.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back