LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Just to add to the Bailey teething trouble threads, no not mine, the van, apart from the water ingress last autumn and a couple of brittle catches we've suffered no major problems unlike some on here.

On our last trip the barrel was pulling out of the battery door locker as I withdrew the key, contacted our dealer and they called later to say the part was in and do we want to book in to have it fitted. With a 150 mile round trip involved I asked them to send it. No problem but it comes as a complete unit if you can do it yourself you have to use bits and pieces off each, the original and the new.

It arrived yesterday and the only thing not provided is the barrel which I suppose is good as it saves another key but the bit beyond the barrel that twists to lock looks exactly the same as mine - broken. The weather's not conducive to sitting outside to fit it yet but I'm puzzled. :unsure:

P1040535.JPG

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Beat me to it John !
Canna see much wrong with the parts in the picture to be honest

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Nothing wrong with the stuff in the pics but I will get a pic of the back end of the lock which has a rough edge and looks as though a bits broken off. Nothing laying about in the locker so maybe it's suppose to look like that. I'm having a late lunch.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
There is two little "tags" at the back of the barrel that engage in two slots that are at the bottom of the housing, check to see if the slots are the same size as the "tags" they break off sometimes if incorrect size.

On one of mine (hab door) there is also a tiny cir clip holding every thing together HTH

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Here you go. My OP was more of a comment on the excessive replacement parts rather than just the barrel location section but I suppose it's the complete works or nothing these days. Until I take out the housing I can't see what keeps the barrel in place.

P1040542.JPG

P1040538.JPG
P1040539.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back