Original ducato 2016 stereo head unit performance… (1 Viewer)

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
Hi,
Our swift Rio 2016 came with the standard fiat head unit for the stereo, with DAB.

I find when we’re driving along and you want to get in the mood and belt some tunes out, quite often the volume is up near max with not much headroom to go. Add a rainstorm and you have to give it a miss.

A couple of questions… will replacing the main speakers help with quality and / or volume or do I need another head unit? Would that give m3 more volume or am I looking at a new head unit and a separate amp as well?! Must admit, ability to have apple car play included is attractive.

i‘m not needing to blast everyone away, just want a bit of an improvement…

has anyone modified theirs?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Do Swift fit upgraded speakers a lot of manufacturers do. If they are the standard Fiat speakers worth upgrading those first as if you do fit a new head unit you will probably want decent speakers anyway.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
When you replace the speakers, you get to look inside the doors. I got considerably better sound in my old van (not motorhome) when I changed the speakers because I also put sound insulation inside the doors at the same time. With the added bonus that it was slightly better insulated in the cab, and slamming the doors made it 'clumph' instead of 'klang'.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back