Free Member
Jul 5, 2020
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoqest 155
Exp
6years
I was driving my wife's car in April and a lunatic caused a accident,I had video evidence of the incident and the police took action against the driver who caused it.
Now I am a named driver on her insurance policy (Saga )the other driver was insured with Aviva,despite my insurance company sending all documents to Aviva they have failed to respond to all forms of communication,now my wife's insurance is due for renewal and because the claim remains unsettled which means her premium will increase.we
Also my motorhome insurance is also due soon along with my car and motorcycle insurance,I have been told by my insurance companys as well as the wife's that because we had a claim all 4 insurance premiums will increase even though it is classed as not my fault,
This to me seems crazy that 4seperate insurance on 4different policies will increase due to one non fault accident.
Surely when you take out different insurance policy,s they can't all be affected after all when you have NCD insurance company's state that it can only apply to one policy.
Comments please

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
I had this too, if the claim is unsettled then your policy goes up regardless. It’s infuriating!

Upvote 0
Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Hi there. You may find your premium goes up even if it was not your fault. It’s all based on risk and probability. Statistics would suggest you are at a higher risk than before because it happened.
insurance is there for the company to make money out of us. And they do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
You are required to declare all accidents/incidents within the last 5 years, irrespective of fault, liability, whether a claim was made or not, irrespective of whether there is a disputed liability,for all drivers for all vehicles. I was on the Comfort + Chris Knott Insurance sites earlier today and the wording of the disclosure declaration was obviously designed to defeat a certain Mr Houdini!

Steve

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You need to add all policy increases to the original claim having multiplied them by at least 5 for the yearsto get back where you are now. Then add a decent daily rate for each day since the incident &either add it to the claim with aviva or isse proceedings against them for this amount in small claims court. issuing them with a defined amount of time before you take them to court. small claims can be up to 10k.

Upvote 0

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Limousin France & Yorkshire UK
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
You need to add all policy increases to the original claim having multiplied them by at least 5 for the yearsto get back where you are now. Then add a decent daily rate for each day since the incident &either add it to the claim with aviva or isse proceedings against them for this amount in small claims court. issuing them with a defined amount of time before you take them to court. small claims can be up to 10k.
I don't understand the bit about adding extra daily rate if you are already claiming 5 years damages, but overall I like your thinking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I don't understand the bit about adding extra daily rate if you are already claiming 5 years damages, but overall I like your thinking.
The 5 years is only what you are going to be striped up for by a UK insurer for premiums for being an "increased risk" .The daily rate is for me not having the use of the vehicle I purchased & have modified as to how I want it.It is to cover me for any days I have to wait for the return of my vehicle .

If you have an accident you need to be put back in the position you were immediately prior to it.
Each hour that you are without your own vehicle you are not in that position.
Any time you are without the vehicle you are not in that position.
Any time on the side of the road sorting it out all goes on the invoice.
All the time you are without a vehicle goes on the invoice.
If a courtesy vehicle is supplied then unless it is of greater benefit than what you would normally be using the difference shold be fnded.
I:E If i'm driving a v12 jag then a hyundai i10 isn't what I wish to be running around
Any day I have to discuss it with them /anyone else etc; etc, I want the full days rate.

Knock for knock only benefits insurance companies. Brokers are mean to be working for you against the other insurer.
Yes most people think it doesn't affect them. They need to hope that in the event of a serious accident where they are hospitalised that they are fortunate enough to have someone to sort out the insurers otherwise the 2 companies will close the incident before the person is out of the hospital.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Insurance companies can dowhattheylike.DIL (at the timeof accident) ended up hanging upside down in her upturned car, she was 8 months pregnant at the time.
Driver of other vehicle had been prosecuted and found guilty and the guilty party's insurance was still disputing liability. 16 years ago so no changes there

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back