OOPS I broke one of the Tribute motorhomnes at the N.E.C (1 Viewer)

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
We were on the Auto-Trail stand comparing the Tribute and Imala range as the former are cheaper but look similar.

One of the noticable differences is the overhead locker doors so I opened one of the flat fronted doors and a bit of plastic shot out from under the door and hit OH.
  • :whistle:

Apparently they have a flimsy concealed latch that you have to press. OOPS, I hope Auto-Trail don't monitor the forum LoL.

Apparently Auto-Trail are aiming the basic version of the Tribute mohos at the rental market, I can't imagine this will be the last time this mistake will be made so it might be worth buying share in the company that make the plastic catches.

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
If A-T catch up with you via this forum, don’t forget to sue for the serious injuries that I am sure your OH suffered :sneaky: Where there’s blame, there’s a claim . . .

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
We were on the Auto-Trail stand comparing the Tribute and Imala range as the former are cheaper but look similar.

One of the noticable differences is the overhead locker doors so I opened one of the flat fronted doors and a bit of plastic shot out from under the door and hit OH.
  • :whistle:

Apparently they have a flimsy concealed latch that you have to press. OOPS, I hope Auto-Trail don't monitor the forum LoL.

Apparently Auto-Trail are aiming the basic version of the Tribute mohos at the rental market, I can't imagine this will be the last time this mistake will be made so it might be worth buying share in the company that make the plastic catches.

Some poor bugger will buy that and be spending the next 10 months going backwards and forwards to the dealer and arguing for this to be fixed under warrantee now, never know it could be someone on the forum:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Our vLine had same catches, even if you knew how they worked, constantly fell apart. I used to get a job lot from AT every year and carry spares. They handed them out no problem, so obv a known flaw.
Felt compelled to disclosure the flaw to our buyer when we sold as they really are a poor design. I gave him 10 spares to tide him over. :D2

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Where's the logic in supplying a poor quality product to their next potential life time customer:eek: If i were renting with a view to buying....... auto trail have just lost my custom and given the smug foreign competitors the advantage:rolleyes: crazy

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
At the October show this is expected as everyone is free to touch & try almost all but the most expensive of the motorhomes & most are supplied by the manufacturers who expect breakages & these are put right at their cost before being sold on so not to worry :) At the February Show it is mostly the dealers displaying their own stock so they would not be happy - this is why they are more twitchy then about those who want to try before they buy!

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Your honesty does you credit but as already said, dealers do expect a number of breakages and knobs to be removed. I felt very sorry however for one dealer who at a recent Motorhome Show had the seats in a new expensive van, slashed with a knife.

Deleted User
I think most people buying a new van would be happy with a broken latch, probably minor compared to the size of the snagging list lots of new buyers have experienced, regardless of purchase price

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I felt very sorry however for one dealer who at a recent Motorhome Show had the seats in a new expensive van, slashed with a knife.
What the hell would make someone want to do that! That is awful.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
What the hell would make someone want to do that! That is awful.
Dare I say revenge attack for poor service? There's certainly some angry/bitter customers around, although this behaviour is inexcusable..
It's most concerning that someone was walking around with a knife and perfectly willing to use it!

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I love my AT, so gave them a really good look over at the NEC and have to say, what a terrible level of build quality they are producing, shocking at the price!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back