Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Apr 24, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
2001 Hymer B544
Exp
Since 1992
Hi all - I commented in a previous post on the forums about the differences in attitudes to those in campers and motorhomes between UK and the continent, specifically the lack of tolerance and tendency to view those living on wheels as gypsies or travellers.

Here’s an example of something I just could not see happening anywhere on the continent. Legally leased and insured - as confirmed by the lease company.

Reading this as I sit in yet another French village ‘aire de camping car’ with free water, disposal and electricity…

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Hi all - I commented in a previous post on the forums about the differences in attitudes to those in campers and motorhomes between UK and the continent, specifically the lack of tolerance and tendency to view those living on wheels as gypsies or travellers.

Here’s an example of something I just could not see happening anywhere on the continent. Legally leased and insured - as confirmed by the lease company.

Reading this as I sit in yet another French village ‘aire de camping car’ with free water, disposal and electricity…
Its another non-story, if it was being used, so presumably, taxed etc. the tow-away company would never have touched it without checking or they could be sued!

The above is assuming that the woman has kept up to date with payments to the leasing company, only they could give permission if it had been parked legally.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Taken a long time to get into the Mirror!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Taken a long time to get into the Mirror!

Hasn't it just! I'd love to know what the outcome was though.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Its another non-story, if it was being used, so presumably, taxed etc. the tow-away company would never have touched it without checking or they could be sued!

The above is assuming that the woman has kept up to date with payments to the leasing company, only they could give permission if it had been parked legally.
I think the telling point here is the towing company saying that their service is a ‘FREE‘ one so I suspect that they will argue til the cows come home that they are right as they will want to sell the vehicle on to make their money. Because of the type of people who run these parasitic companies, they will sell it, and if the case comes back and bites them, they will go bust and do a phoenix. They have probably done it a few times already. 🙀🙀

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D
Apr 24, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
2001 Hymer B544
Exp
Since 1992
Not a ‘non story’.

The vehicle was leased, registered and insured in Italy. The individuals simply refused to accept the foreign documentation.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It sounds from the article like the woman who stated that the vehicle was abandoned lied about it not being used. Under those circumstances presumably she could be sued as it led to the vehicle being seized if it wasn't possible to persue the company that removed it

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
It would appear on the face of it that the director of the management company who, surprise, surprise, lives in one of the flats wanted this "eyesore" moved and wasn't too fussy about bending legal rules to achieve it.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
It also stated in her lease no commercial vehicles, its a van, she had been contacted and chose to ignore it. She knew she was taking a risk . Pushing the rules. She took a gamble because it was not hers and registered elsewhere. By the sound of it it was a very long term lease that was broken when it went back for servicing. Half a day and she gets it back again .it's an imported van without the licences or costs. Another motorhomer who feels the rules do not relate to them.
I looked at a property and in the covnent it said no van parking . In the small print it included campers
If I was living there and paying to store mine and she was parked outside my window I don't think I'd be happy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back