Omnistor Help (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Hi I had my omnistor awning / sunshade out yesterday with no issues or worrys. Today I have gone to unwind it but it won't move. The middle appears to release but not the ends.

Any ideas people I have had a quick Google it's a 4.5 5500series I believe.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The locking clips have stuck on probably.Either wind it back in & then try out again or get up on some steps & manually unclip them.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
The locking clips have stuck on probably.Either wind it back in & then try out again or get up on some steps & manually unclip them.
@PORKSTER. Then once you do eventually get it out of it's box, get yourself a can of silicone spray (as recommended by Omnistor/Thule) and coat all the mating surfaces and guides, so that it will go back in......................and release a lot easier. (y)

Good luck,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We once had little branches and nuts wedged in the awning so we couldn’t wind it in.

Can you get up high to have a look?

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
We once had little branches and nuts wedged in the awning so we couldn’t wind it in.

Can you get up high to have a look?

I had same kind of thing happen on my camper with a Fiamma awning it would only open a few inches it turned into a nightmare expensive and frustrating. So I am airing caution here I have looked but cant see anything it was 100% put away without any debris.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They are spring loaded securing clips ,1 either end. If you can remove end covers you will see them.They slide up/down. Don't think you can get to them with end covers on.Not saying it is them but sounds like the securing clips aren't releasing.Only thing I can think of?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back