• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Omnia style hob-top ovens - new (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I bought some Omnia style oven/pans while in France as they were clearing them out and I thought some funsters might want one - if so let me know - £25.00 delivered.

BRAND NEW AND SEALED

Clealys stove top Palestinian oven - very similar to Omnia, same style of cooking.

It's made of brushed aluminium and you can use it at home or away on a gas hob, alcohol stove (possibly on a small sized electric ring/plate too but I can't guarantee that as I haven't gone one to test it), note that being aluminium it will NOT work on induction stoves/hobs. It is very similar to the more well known Omnia oven but that's a lot more expensive and both will do the same thing.

To give you an example of how versatile and useful these type of hob-top ovens are this is what the Omnia can do which you can do in this too:

http://omniasweden.com/en/the-oven/

BRAND NEW AND SEALED

Clealys stove top Palestinian oven - very similar to Omnia, same style of cooking.

It's made of brushed aluminium and you can use it at home or away on a gas hob, alcohol stove (possibly on a small sized electric ring/plate too but I can't guarantee that as I haven't gone one to test it), note that being aluminium it will NOT work on induction stoves/hobs.

It is very similar to the more well known Omnia oven but that's a lot more expensive and both will do the same thing.

To give you an example of how versatile and useful these type of hob-top ovens are this is what the Omnia can do which you can do in this too:

Omnia is the clever small oven allowing you to create oven-baked meals and casseroles when away from home, either directly on the gas flame, with the spirit stove or on the hotplate. An easy, affordable and space-saving way of preparing anything that you could make in a normal oven. Ideal for boats, campervans, camping trips, allotments and anywhere else where no oven is available.

Almost everything you can heat, bake or cook in a traditional oven can now be cooked on your stove.

BREAD BAKING AND OVEN COOKING IN THE OMNIA
With the Omnia oven you can serve freshly baked breads and tasty casseroles cooked on your hot plate. The Omnia is easy to use, requires no installation and can be used on virtually all hot plates: gas, electricity, kerosene etc. NB! The enamelled based Omnia should not be used on ceramic hobs as the enamel can damage the hob. The Omnia is a popular cooking solution for yachts, caravans, motor homes, tents and holiday cottages – if you have an Omnia you have an oven!

SIMPLE AND ROBUST
The ingenious three-part Omnia utilises heat from the stove and generates both top and bottom heat. A circular aluminium food container with centre hole sits on a matching stainless steel support that is placed over the heat source. The heat spreads along the bottom of the food container and as it rises the specially designed lid with ventilation hole diverts the heat over the top of the container.

RECIPE IDEAS

Bake-off
Use the Omnia to bake-off your baguettes and crois- sants for breakfast - a great way to start the day!

Breads and cakes
Bake your own favorites or use our recipes, some of which were created by Young Swedish Baker of the Year Jeanette Sjöö.

Gluten-free Bread
Check out our gluten-free foccacia bread recipe on our website .

Pies and Gratinates
It has been said that a potato gratin baked in the Omnia produces a far better taste.

Fish
It takes just ten minutes on a low heat to bake salmon with gorgonzola using the Omnia. See our website for a great sh pie recipe from England.

Pizza
The delicious Calzone turnover pizza takes 35-40 minutes in the Omnia.

Meat
Visit our website for some great Omnia meat dishes. Try the tasty German Meatloaf or delicate bacon and cheese lled pork llet from Sweden; and the English Shepherd’s Pie is always a family favorite.

Baked Potatoes
Bake the potatoes in your Omnia and just add your favorite mouth-watering filling.

Cakes and deserts
Tempt family and friends to a delectable cheesecake.

Four Palestinien.JPG
oven 1.jpg
oven 2.jpg
oven 3.jpg
2733527_2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just updated this ad with photos and text.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
It looks interesting Minxy. I have two doubts, number one is if I try yet another device it might be divorce. Remoska, double skillet, and we've got an oven. The other is that it's 26cm. We have the hinged glass covers and anything too wide the heat seems too close to the glass, I've heard of them going crack. On balance ... I think I'll sleep on it.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
It looks interesting Minxy. I have two doubts, number one is if I try yet another device it might be divorce. Remoska, double skillet, and we've got an oven. The other is that it's 26cm. We have the hinged glass covers and anything too wide the heat seems too close to the glass, I've heard of them going crack. On balance ... I think I'll sleep on it.
That too was a concern which is why I was always worried when we had the large size double skillet but now we have the smaller we don't worry about it, however even when using the larger one it never caused any issues with the glass as it's meant to take the heat, just not direct flame.

Despite this being 26cm with these types of ovens you don't have the heat on high as you would with a frying pan for example, instead the idea is to direct the heat up through the centre funnel so it can circulate inside the oven, rather than round the outside, so it wouldn't be an issue with your hob which is the same as I have. The diagram from the Omnia site will make it clearer:

upload_2019-2-2_18-57-49.png

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Mine arrived today cheers Mel .
Fits on top of single burner stove s treat for outside cooking .(y)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Great stuff Mike ... you'll have to let us see what bits and bobs you cook in yours too!

I've been putting my mind to how to make a rack and came across some of those splatter guard lids at the local market for £1 each, these weren't the usual long handle ones (like a tennis racket), instead they had a knob in the middle (like a normal pan lid), I should imaging cutting out the centre so it sits onto the middle 'chimney' bit would do the trick, certainly easier than cutting down an old fridge shelf that someone else has done! Another alternative would be those semi-circular racks you get with woks to keep stuff warm/drain on the side of the pan. When I get the chance I'm gonna have a rummage in my MH bits and bobs boxes in the garage as I'm sure I've got various racks etc in there.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
@Minxy Girl something like this ?
From a halogen oven I no longer use or need the circular grill/cooling tray fits a treat .
Early days but a quick try lunch of mushroom n cheese (ran out of stilton)
Quite nice cheers ,oh and definitely need gloves.:whistle:
IMG_20190207_130126_556.JPG
IMG_20190207_130032_753.JPG
IMG_20190207_134007_337.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Good thinking Batman (or should that be Boatman!). :D

I'll have to have a shuftie at our old haloven oven in the attic (don't ask!) as I'm sure there's a rack in it! (y)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just to report I have 3 of these left.

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Sonny sent pm
I hope

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
One left ... grab it whilst you can! :)

Its funny that the funsters who I thought would want one, and hence why I brought them back from France, aren't the ones who've bought them. :D

May 5, 2016
Barnstaple
Funster No
MH
VW T5 LWB 2.5Tdi
Exp
10 years
One left ... grab it whilst you can! :)

Its funny that the funsters who I thought would want one, and hence why I brought them back from France, aren't the ones who've bought them. :D

Hello!

May I purchase the last one if still available please?

Alistair

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Okey dokey, I'll message you. :D

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
All sold now ... (y) ... I'm please I 'risked' bringing them back for funsters. :D

May 5, 2016
Barnstaple
Funster No
MH
VW T5 LWB 2.5Tdi
Exp
10 years
Just need to find something to cook in it now!

Cheers,

Alistair

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
May 5, 2016
Barnstaple
Funster No
MH
VW T5 LWB 2.5Tdi
Exp
10 years
Do you have one yourself? Any good recipes? I’ve just seen the Omnia link above, I must have missed it first time, I’ll take a look there for ideas.
I’m looking forward to this when I eventually get time to go away in the van...!

Alistair

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Do you have one yourself? Any good recipes? I’ve just seen the Omnia link above, I must have missed it first time, I’ll take a look there for ideas.
I’m looking forward to this when I eventually get time to go away in the van...!

Alistair

I have the Omnia. Actually you can adapt many recipes, just reduce the total quantity to an amount that fits. If you can get some form of inner liner it will help avoid sticking and burning. I use a Savarin non stick tin inside mine and it has proved to be a game changer! (I would NOT go without it now)

Enjoy! (y)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Alistair
Dropped off at the courier's pick-up point today ... you can start drooling now! :D

May 5, 2016
Barnstaple
Funster No
MH
VW T5 LWB 2.5Tdi
Exp
10 years
I have the Omnia. Actually you can adapt many recipes, just reduce the total quantity to an amount that fits. If you can get some form of inner liner it will help avoid sticking and burning. I use a Savarin non stick tin inside mine and it has proved to be a game changer! (I would NOT go without it now)

Enjoy! (y)

Thanks, I’ll add that to my list!

Cheers,

Alistair

May 5, 2016
Barnstaple
Funster No
MH
VW T5 LWB 2.5Tdi
Exp
10 years

Enjoy! (y)

Hmm, I’ve tried looking on amazon etc, for a savarin tin, I don’t suppose you have a link for the one you have for the one I have bought from minxygirl, I know the oven is 26cm , but there seems to be tall, short, 24, 25cm etc, I don’t know the best one to go for, sorry, I’m a newbie...

Alistair

May 5, 2016
Barnstaple
Funster No
MH
VW T5 LWB 2.5Tdi
Exp
10 years
I was the size of the inner hole which I was wondering about...I might nip down to our big Tesco and see if they have anything suitable...

Alistair

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Sorry for delay ,dads taxi service :unsure:
The inner chimney 7cm at the top 9cm at the base or near as .
IMG_20190309_140008.jpg
IMG_20190309_140031.jpg
IMG_20190309_140047.jpg

May 5, 2016
Barnstaple
Funster No
MH
VW T5 LWB 2.5Tdi
Exp
10 years

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun