OK Lets try asking a different way..........cats....... (1 Viewer)

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Last 2 pics
IMG_20160130_144714.jpg
IMAG0064.jpg

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Do any full timers take their cats along with them rather than parting with them.:)
Excuse the topic in the video, but the lady clearly travels with her cats. There are at least 3 seen in the video, plus she walks one on a harness too.

Thought it might be of interest.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
I bought her from a breeder 20 months ago, she wasnt profitable, failed to raise her litter so breeder let me have her cheap. She had only ever known cattery life so was extremely timid when I got her. She is still timid and shy but becoming more loving and trusting every day. I hate putting her in a cattery she must have nightmares. So I reckon being in a camper for a few weeks and being spoilt rotten is not really cruel.

Les fixed some wire mesh over the camper kitchen window so it can be opened when we need more air in the van, useful if we are on a busy Aire and not suitable to take her out. If it's very hot we have aircon (y)

People love their pets and adapt as necessary.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We tend to have someone come in twice a day to feed and check on our 2 if we are away. it does cost but i wouldnt put them in a cattery as they are both very frigthened cats. I wouldnt take them with us as we tend to be out a lot of the time when away with the motorhome either on the bike or car depending on where we are.I have seen a few people take them with them though, we met a couple a few years ago in Spain (Totana) who had their cat with them, it was quite happy living the motorhome life :), spoilt rotten of course :)

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
A stunningly beautiful cat and obviously toilet trained by the photo!
Does she stay in the van when you cycle or come with you?
She isn't toilet trained but it is possible with special litter training kits. She is fascinated with the flush water though and can't resist a flushing loo. I love to see little dogs enjoying bike rides sat in baskets on the front/back. With my track record of falling off though Dolly would be out of it more than in!! Shes safer guarding the van. She is a beauty thanks, not that I'm biased :love: and she is shy, like me...
IMAG0280.jpg

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
We tend to have someone come in twice a day to feed and check on our 2 if we are away. it does cost but i wouldnt put them in a cattery as they are both very frigthened cats. I wouldnt take them with us as we tend to be out a lot of the time when away with the motorhome either on the bike or car depending on where we are.I have seen a few people take them with them though, we met a couple a few years ago in Spain (Totana) who had their cat with them, it was quite happy living the motorhome life :), spoilt rotten of course :)
We will be selling our home, so that won't be an option, but for yours it's sounds ideal.

Reactions: zac

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
We too have a mobile sitter and if we are away just a few days she comes to the house which is great. No good for longer stays away though, she comes with us then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
She isn't toilet trained but it is possible with special litter training kits. She is fascinated with the flush water though and can't resist a flushing loo. I love to see little dogs enjoying bike rides sat in baskets on the front/back. With my track record of falling off though Dolly would be out of it more than in!! Shes safer guarding the van. She is a beauty thanks, not that I'm biased :love: and she is shy, like me...View attachment 107579
She really is a beauty.......meet our handsome boys.....

Attachments

• IMG_6292.JPG
    IMG_6292.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6153.JPG
    IMG_6153.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Ha ha cheeky monkeys! They look very relaxed! They will have each other for company. Good luck with your fulltiming:)
Ah thank you, so long as there is somewhere for his basket Cola-Bear will be happy and Pepsi-Boy will be if his hammock has somewhere to hang.
We inherited Cola from a livery yard we used to keep the horses on and Pepsi is only 2 and we have had him since he was a kitten.
We love our boys and will only do our best for them.
xxx

MoKa

Free Member
Jun 22, 2016
STIRLING
Funster No
MH
Toyota Previa conversion
Exp
Newbies, preparing to full-time after house sale
Thanks for a great thread. We are currently selling our house (C'mon buyers, where are you?) and working on a full-timing van plan. Our two kitties will be coming with us, currently indoor cats due to living on a 60mph road, but hoping they'llget out more (with harnesses) when we are mobile.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Thanks for a great thread. We are currently selling our house (C'mon buyers, where are you?) and working on a full-timing van plan. Our two kitties will be coming with us, currently indoor cats due to living on a 60mph road, but hoping they'llget out more (with harnesses) when we are mobile.
Please keep in touch.....there are so many hurdles to overcome. xxx

MoKa

Free Member
Jun 22, 2016
STIRLING
Funster No
MH
Toyota Previa conversion
Exp
Newbies, preparing to full-time after house sale
Please keep in touch.....there are so many hurdles to overcome. xxx
We definitely will. Found your medication thread equally useful already. seems like we'll be working/planning in tandem. What's your timescale? We're giving ourselves a month post-house-completion to finalise a van purchase, so it all depends on finding a buyer.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
We definitely will. Found your medication thread equally useful already. seems like we'll be working/planning in tandem. What's your timescale? We're giving ourselves a month post-house-completion to finalise a van purchase, so it all depends on finding a buyer.
We're not on the market just yet, but when we are we will be doing a similar thing. As I say, we should keep in touch......you never know, we could meet up one day. x

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just found a pic of that Cambridge CC site that said dogs have to be on a lead and so do cats. Grandson walking the youngest cat, noway can you put a harness on the older one, so she had to stay in the motorhome.
In the second pic he's walking the cat while picking his nose, us men learn to multitask at an early age.:D

DSC03601 - Copy.JPG

DSC03597 - Copy.JPG

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Don't see why.
Pigs are seriously clean animals...unless they live in a muddy, shit laden pen.
Absolutely, our Moochie, lived in our house for years, they are much cleaner than dogs and very fastidious given the opportunity, though she did have a thing for nicking cans of coke from the fridge if she got a chance, RIP old friend.

Mabel's mum

Free Member
Sep 5, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Auto trail Apache
Exp
I've seen quite a few on leashes. Always feel sorry for them as cats in my opinion should be free to roam, not like dogs. I can appreciate that they could roam too far and not get back to the motorhome though being in many different areas.
I have seen many different pets taken away with owners, the strangest being 2 ferrets in a cage in an awning on a site.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well it certainly looks like I'm not the only one with this idea/dilemma

Now I just have to find a way

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
There was a funster at Chester this year with two puddy cats.
One relatively young and an older cat.
Both roaming freely.
Can't remember their forum name though.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
They kill for fun ,they are domestic animals ,not wild ones full stop .!!!

I have to ask, is there a point to your statement about cats? What I mean is would you have cats done away with or do you hate cats or perhaps you were just pointing out the obvious? I'm curious, simple as that & curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction bought it back.

Foxes in a chicken run will kill in a frenzy, this is known as target availability overload in a way that doesn't normally happen (with some exceptions) in the wild. So are foxes at fault or humans for upsetting the balance?

Even vegetables are alive, but I've never heard of a vegetarian complaining of killing them?

What an expansive subject this one is. (y)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I have to ask, is there a point to your statement about cats? What I mean is would you have cats done away with or do you hate cats or perhaps you were just pointing out the obvious? I'm curious, simple as that & curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction bought it back.

Foxes in a chicken run will kill in a frenzy, this is known as target availability overload in a way that doesn't normally happen (with some exceptions) in the wild. So are foxes at fault or humans for upsetting the balance? I believe that cats owners should be respnsible for their pets actions the same as the domestic dog. Fox's are wild animals so to bracket them in the same category as the ' pet cat ' is not very sensible. It's true I am not a cat lover but I wouldn't see one deliberately hurt.

Even vegetables are alive, but I've never heard of a vegetarian complaining of killing them?

What an expansive subject this one is. (y)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Cats and dogs are treated completely differently in every way.... You don't own a cat it owns you they have the freedom to roam its why they can go in folks gardens and not much you can do unlike a dog where you can be held responsible, it's very difficult to stop a cat from hunting my cat is weighed down with bells but still manages it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back