OK Dummies, who can match this?! (1 Viewer)

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
You're all on the utmost trust here,,, no fibbing,!!!!.

I've just finished reading "Grand Tour of Europe" by Kevin McCloud (he of Grand Designs fame).
What an absolute load of,,,,,,,,,,,,, err, well, really useful stuff about, well, folks touring Europe I spose,,, but not recently......?!

Anyway, I want the world and is brother to know that I've read it,,, because it is a tad, err, "highbrow", well, thas to say,,, it woz for me,,, so I'm feeling a bit "puffed up" cos I stuck wiv'it and read every word (I had to really, I bought the ruddy thing from Amazon thinking young Kev woz a tugger or lugger who'd written a spiffing account of HIS European Tour,,, err, not,!!).

But, never mind, here's my first question;;; Am I the only Narfukian on ear who's read said book?
Second question;;; Am I the only funster who's read said book?

So come on, all you intellectual wannabies ,,, who's read it, and if ya haven't are ya going to,?! (y)(n)?? I can jollywell recommend it,?! :whistle::LOL::LOL::LOL:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've just finished reading "Grand Tour of Europe" by Kevin McCloud (he of Grand Designs fame).

He did a good program on TV something like that. I remember him visiting Hadrian's villa at Tivoli, sketching parts of it quite well then showing how they had influenced British design. I think he showed Chippendale ( the chippy not the stripper ) got all his ideas from there.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Am I the only Narfukian on ear who's read said book?
Second question;;; Am I the only funster who's read said book?

So come on, all you intellectual wannabies ,,, who's read it, and if ya haven't are ya going to,?! (y)(n)?? I can jollywell recommend it,?! :whistle::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Er ... I think you might be the only one who's been daft enough to buy the book in the first place! :D

OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
campa cola
OI bor, OI resemble thart stairtmunt :rolleyes:
campa cola reckons you're my cousin/s Larrynwin,,, always pleased ta meet another Narfukian cousin. Wees'll havta heave a meatup Borr,,, havva stonkun day drivun trakturs, trukkun turnups un shuvlun shite,,, RIPPUN gud fun,!!! (y):LOL::LOL::LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
He did a good program on TV something like that. I remember him visiting Hadrian's villa at Tivoli, sketching parts of it quite well then showing how they had influenced British design. I think he showed Chippendale ( the chippy not the stripper ) got all his ideas from there.
Keven McCloud is the BEST name dropper, EVER...
If you don't believe me,,, read the book,,,,,,,,,

gu arn, gu arn, gu arn,,, yew know yew wunnur,?!!! :whistle::LOL::LOL::LOL:

OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
LOL......whoever answers in Norfolk will probably be your cousin ;)
And your Aunty

And i genuinely don't have a clue who this chappy is and i am currently using google translater in order to answer the other sentences that end with a question mark.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
campa cola

campa cola reckons you're my cousin/s Larrynwin,,, always pleased ta meet another Narfukian cousin. Wees'll havta heave a meatup Borr,,, havva stonkun day drivun trakturs, trukkun turnups un shuvlun shite,,, RIPPUN gud fun,!!! (y):LOL::LOL::LOL:

Luv tew bor (y)

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
The bit i find puzzling is that someone from Norfolk can read !!
:D:whistle::whistle::whistle:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008

He is also a deceiver, if not a liar. His 'Escape to the wild' series, second episode about Chile, was about a Brit family, neighbours of my niece, who all live under the Villaricca volcano. His presentation inferred that this family were completely isolated, and had built their house themselves. No mention of the project of around 30 mainly foreign youngsters who had worked on it for months, one of whom was my great nephew. Here's a pic of KM cutting Josh's hair... My sister, after seeing the prog, where we all expected to see the project kids working, said she would never believe anything she saw on TV again!!
josh.jpg

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
He is also a deceiver, if not a liar. His 'Escape to the wild' series, second episode about Chile, was about a Brit family, neighbours of my niece, who all live under the Villaricca volcano. His presentation inferred that this family were completely isolated, and had built their house themselves. No mention of the project of around 30 mainly foreign youngsters who had worked on it for months, one of whom was my great nephew. Here's a pic of KM cutting Josh's hair... My sister, after seeing the prog, where we all expected to see the project kids working, said she would never believe anything she saw on TV again!!View attachment 147048
Yep, a lot of the media stuff is made up. The story is already set (for whatever reasons), he was probably just following orders.......now where have I heard that before ?

Reactions: Pia
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
:gum:I think you would be the ONLY Funster that has actually read a book

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The Grand Tour, as you all know, was a sort of gap year for the well-heeled in the 17th to 19th centuries during which they travelled through Europe to see a bit of "culture".
But could you use the book as the basis of a modern MH tour? Or is it just a list of visits to cities?

OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
That made me laugh out loud rangitira because I read your mssg as I was the only funster who'd read the book,,, then I noticed you actually said "a" book,!

Very funny. 10/10 :LOL:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
That made me laugh out loud rangitira because I read your mssg as I was the only funster who'd read the book,,, then I noticed you actually said "a" book,!

Very funny. 10/10 :LOL:

:hugs:

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I only buy free books from Amazon, stI'll reading Charlie Dickens complete works, taken 3 years so far.

OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
The Grand Tour, as you all know, was a sort of gap year for the well-heeled in the 17th to 19th centuries during which they travelled through Europe to see a bit of "culture".
But could you use the book as the basis of a modern MH tour? Or is it just a list of visits to cities?
Avvin'ah larff are ya'John wiv ya "as you all know" comment,,,
I'd bet a pound to a piece of poo that 90% of the membership think "The Grand Tour" issa charabang ride to Skeggy and the remainder think its a tour that costs a grand,?!!! :whistle::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
If it's in hardback I may give it a try, cant be doing with reading it from one of those god awful council estate paper back books, I mean one has to have standards, doesn't one.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Ok!

I resemble that remark!:mad:

I read a book once...........it were a red one!:whistle:

Apologies offered for pinching the line from the film "Kes".(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back