Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Had my 79-6 for nearly 2 years now, it hasn't been without its issues but mainly very minor and all sorted under warranty without any questions by the dealer and we are very happy with it. I have no doubt there are better vans and cheaper ones but I couldn't find a cheaper better one in many (many) months of looking. if I could have found an N&B, carthago or Morelo (OK stretching it a bit there) at the same or similar price I would have snapped their hand off.
If you do return to look at it again and are considering using the drop down bed as your main sleeping area (the mattress is extremely comfortable) then I would suggest trying it out first as my wife (whilst loving the mattress) finds it to claustrophobic as she feels it doesn't drop down far enough.

Aug 12, 2011
Funster No
MH
Roller team 700
Exp
Since 2007
M&E Motorhome repairs based near the old Maze prison are fantastic at doing body work and repairs. We have used them several times for servicing and water ingress and they are quick, do an excellent job and not expensive after your warranty runs out. If you speak to either Mike or Eddie they will tell you which Motorhomes brands to avoid and which ones take an age for payment/authorisation of warranty work etc. They do all sorts of warranty works.
+44 28 9262 2161

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Made by Swift honestly akes ages and many warranty trips to get it right
My first post was ,I thought a light hearted comment you might be lucky ,have a very close inspection on handover and good luck.
I have just bought a Swift Bordeaux (static van) and build quality is excellent!

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Yip so we went to the NEC show and seen and fell in love with a new MH that we can't afford but we will just have to buy it anyways :)
The MH is a Bailey Approach 79-6
Now my questions are as follows :
We live in N.Ireland but to get the best deal ( trading in Old MH ) we will probably have to buy it from a dealer from the UK mainland, will this present a problem warranty wise or can any things that need rectified we sorted by any authorised Bailey repairer or must they be done from the dealer that you purchased it from?
Where could I find a list of Bailey dealers?

Also feel free to list any dealers that sell this MH that you's would recommend.
Hi there,
Unfortunately other Bailey dealers whom you didn’t purchase your Bailey from are not obliged to do any warranty work at all on your Bailey, it doesn’t work like car main dealerships, you could try to find one of the better Bailey dealers (few and far between) and ask if they would be prepared to authorise warranty work on your Bailey by a dealership local to you, because they would have to pay that dealer for any warranty work carried out on your Bailey, there are some dealers out there who will agree to do this.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
M&E Motorhome repairs based near the old Maze prison are fantastic at doing body work and repairs. We have used them several times for servicing and water ingress and they are quick, do an excellent job and not expensive after your warranty runs out. If you speak to either Mike or Eddie they will tell you which Motorhomes brands to avoid and which ones take an age for payment/authorisation of warranty work etc. They do all sorts of warranty works.
+44 28 9262 2161
Thanks for the info, will keep their info handy!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back