Aug 6, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
8 years
Hi there

Just joined today - for the first time we are thinking of going camping later than usual in October half term.We normally go to France in the Summer and have just got back from 3 weeks touring but we have never ventured across the border to Spain.
We only have a fortnight so we were looking at the very south of france or northern Spain - can anyone give us tips as to campsites that may be open then and whats the weather like at that time of year?

Thanks!!!:Smile:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
France - October weather usually good deteriorates as November progresses not worthwhile beyond mid-November.

Spain even better.

:Smile:
Keith

OP
OP
jules1967

jules1967

Free Member
Aug 6, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
8 years
Thanks Keith

I don't suppose you have any favourite campsites down there?:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Hi Jules

Favourite for one is not necessarily going to suit another. We tour a lot and are self-sufficient so facilities are not a consideration and we've used Aires much more since we changed from the RV to a small van.

Can you help folks by saying what you're looking for in a campsite or the area - some want beach and beach activities, others a site with swim pools etc, others close to a town, others to be in the mountains or country.

Many of the French 'holiday' campsites are closed by October.

:Smile:
Keith

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
A lot of French campsites close at end of August,at end of September you would think someone switched the lights out.One that I do know is open is Les Oliviers at La Bolou on the border with Spain.A lot of the northern snowbirds use it in transit to Spain for the winter.A nice site in a nice area.Bonus being you can drive over border for cheap provisions in 10 mins,Regards,Dave.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Jules!

On your way down you have Parc Verger hold by Bob and Di. There is a meet there in August, have a look at the thread "meet ans rallies". I'm sure you 'll have lots of pictures of the place after the meet.

Now if you're going through Toulouse and need to stop for a night (or more), you're welcome home! You can either park in front of my house or in my garden.
I can give you electricity/water. PM me if you need details.

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back